Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly / Ireland squad [in, out, in, out, shake it all about]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Won’t be back for Palace. Might be for West Brom.

Not a disaster unless Maupay gets it.

Makes a move for King, Welbeck, Solanke, Deeney or Pukki as cover slightly more attractive I guess.

Ashworth has indicated that they have more time for a transfer with the domestic window:

"It's more important that you don't sign the wrong player.

"The international window closed, the domestic we still have a little more time and a couple of foreign windows where we might loan a player.

"But as soon as the window closes, we are looking again to make sure that if the right opportunities come up in January then we are happy to do them."

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
That simply ISN'T what has been reported. They didn't travel to the match venue after they were deemed as close contacts of a staff member who HAS tested positive to Covid-19 - See my post on another thread

d69831aa2cc01d3de79d59708f7cf6df.jpg

Two members of senior squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
d69831aa2cc01d3de79d59708f7cf6df.jpg

Two members of senior squad.

As per the report in the Irish Independent, it's two members of the back room staff that have tested positive, Connolly and the other player have not traveled as they have been deemed close contacts. No reports of any player testing positive in the Irish FA's official statement.

The FAI subsequently released a statement to confirm the news about a backroom staff member.

It said:

"The Football Association of Ireland can confirm that a second member of the Senior Men’s international team backroom staff has tested positive for coronavirus ahead of tonight’s UEFA EURO 2020 Play-Off Semi-Final against Slovakia.

"The FAI employee had tested negative in Dublin on Tuesday morning but a positive result came from a test in Bratislava on Wednesday. He is asymptomatic and is feeling well.

"COVID-19 protocols have been executed and both UEFA and the HSE have been informed of this development. UEFA have also confirmed that the fixture against Slovakia tonight is not affected by this development. The Ireland squad and staff will be tested, as per UEFA protocols, in Dublin on Friday.

"The FAI will not make any further comment ahead of tonight’s UEFA EURO 2020 Play-Off Semi-Final against Slovakia"

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...dah-ruled-out-of-crunch-playoff-39602809.html

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s obviously a precaution, don’t get the rubber sheets out until we’ve had more information.

Are you new here ? [emoji23]

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If he’s come into contact with someone who’s tested positive which sounds like what has happened then he may well miss the Palace game, something like this was bound to happen...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If he’s come into contact with someone who’s tested positive which sounds like what has happened then he may well miss the Palace game, something like this was bound to happen...

Nah, he’ll be tested very regularly and that game is still 10 days away yet, so unless he’s positive he’ll be ok by then

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Shirley if he gets a few negative tests all ok.
Can Use the elite performance centres as excuse I think.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
So that means Maupay is our only striker available for Palace, right?

We have plenty of attacking options..............happy with what we've got...........we can bring on some CB's for attacking those set pieces......:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here