Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A4 No.4464 'BITTERN' hits 91 mph!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Very kind of you: some "duties" they sound - a ridiculous amount of fun more like, lucky so'n'so. When I'm back on a visit I'll be in touch.

See, the train threads on here never binfest. Not even the ones when the mainline's screwed up again.

Who was the best / made the best locomotives? LNER, LMS, GWR or SR?

Let the binfest begin!! :lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Great Gathering

.....anyone going?

National Rail Museum at York between 3-17 July when all six surviving A4's will be on display in the Great Hall.

Will be the last chance as 'Dwight D. Eisenhower' and' Dominion of Canada' will soon be returning to America.

For elegance it has to be this - would love to see it restored to working order.

DSCF2810.JPG

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
.....anyone going?

National Rail Museum at York between 3-17 July when all six surviving A4's will be on display in the Great Hall.

Will be the last chance as 'Dwight D. Eisenhower' and' Dominion of Canada' will soon be returning to America.

I may wander over to that, I'm off one of those weeks. Not been to the NRM yet, and I can't believe that its under threat from closure!!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
stepney.jpg

Me at work on a photo charter with the Bluebell's Stepney which we hired in for a Gala. It's a tough life!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I may wander over to that, I'm off one of those weeks. Not been to the NRM yet, and I can't believe that its under threat from closure!!

Is it? I thought it was more a case that he Government are thinking of cutting subsidies and getting National Museums to charge an entrance fee.

......any jobs going? :wave:

Reminds me of the old joke often made by comedians who worked at the Windmill Theatre (the one that pioneered nude reviews) - "...all for £50 a week, that's all I could afford to pay them!"

Oooh oooh I'll bite!

It's obviously the good old SR! Why? Because GWR, LMS and LNER have their own fans who think theirs is the best. SR gets left out in the cold and therefore it's the best. Oh and the fact some of their locos were built in Brighton and that has to count for something.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Went past my kitchen window, 2 or 3 months ago!

But at more like 19mph than 91 ...

7263317360_e0609c2c02_z.jpg

Not wishing to upset the "kettle" fraternity on here ( having a soft spot for the southern
Q1) ive got to voice my support for the southern locos that replaced them give me a class33 or 73
Anytime ... indeed i shall be going to the Bluebell on the 29th for 33103
.... oh how the purists on the Bluebell will love that running with a load of diesel cranks ;-)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not wishing to upset the "kettle" fraternity on here ( having a soft spot for the southern
Q1) ive got to voice my support for the southern locos that replaced them give me a class33 or 73
Anytime ... indeed i shall be going to the Bluebell on the 29th for 33103
.... oh how the purists on the Bluebell will love that running with a load of diesel cranks ;-)

I to love a diesel, prefer the 33 to the 73 though. My favourite will always be the 55 Deltic, love those! (I do have a soft spot for ECML locomotives.)

I'm sure the Bluebell is used to diesel now considering they had a 66 running up and down the line whilst clearing Imberhorne cutting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here