Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Traffic on the east bound carriage way of the A27 at Falmer is currently stationary.

Edit: or maybe just very slow!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This thread is frustrating! One person saying they're stuck westbound at Patcham, another saying that the problem is eastbound at asda,two saying the problem is at Kingston in both directions. Does anyone have the truth? ! Hope no one is seriously injured.
According to the argus one Lane by Kingston roundabout and reports of air ambulance false

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Pretty sure that's not what they said at all.
Before 728 they were told by southern it'd be ok on Friday when they were considering delaying kick off. They can only delay due to safety concerns. That's the leagues rules

So in effect that's the reality - will only qualify under the safety view if involving road traffic as under what circumstances would safety be impacted at a train station?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
There were 2 seperate incidents that I saw, one just after the Asda ropundabout and one between Falmer and Kingstone, both eastbound.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-58-17.png

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Took me 30 mins to get from Patcham turnoff to Hollingbury turnoff.

Can't see how it won't be a delayed kick off unless it clears soon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If the traffic trying to get up the slip road is bad, I normally go along to the Kingston roundabout and then back up west way to join the slip road on the other side.

Looks like that is out today!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So in effect that's the reality - will only qualify under the safety view if involving road traffic as under what circumstances would safety be impacted at a train station?

Quite easily as was stated by the club. If they'd been notified by southern that insufficient time was available to transport those queuing and the rush to get on trains would have caused safety issues then they would have requested the kick off be delayed.
The issue here is southern not advising the club until it was too late to notify the league

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Quite easily as was stated by the club. If they'd been notified by southern that insufficient time was available to transport those queuing and the rush to get on trains would have caused safety issues then they would have requested the kick off be delayed.
The issue here is southern not advising the club until it was too late to notify the league

Also if a road is blocked an ambulance cannot get too and from the ground, if the trains are busy paramedics are not affected in the same way

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We've just done Hollingbury to the Falmer exit in about five minutes, probably less.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ah this was a fun drive from Crawley, I even left at 4.20pm to miss the evening traffic, I should have taken the train. Got to Falmer at 6.20pm. The girlie drove the car home after dropping me off and said it was over another hour to get back. Nightmare.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was you speeding? Or has my memory of that distance been lost in being over here too long

I think it's your memory Dave. The Hollingbury turn is the one after the A23/A27 one. You might be thinking Hangleton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here