A27 between Patcham and Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Central lanes in both directions closed for barrier repairs today. Caused massive delays during this morning's peak flow and, if still there this evening, could add time to normal journey-times to Amex.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
One of the evening games this season I was driving along the A27 listening to Radio Sussex and in between the match previews the traffic girl was saying "there are reports of traffic building up eastbound on the A27 - if anyone is in the queues can you let us know what is going on". Now back to Johnny Cantor at the Amex for tonights game.

Classic.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was the inside lane eastbound that was closed off when I drove through at 7.15 this morning. I'm hoping that it'll be cleared away by the time I go home.

I saw the aftermath of someone having hit the barrier on the flyover bit westbound yesterday evening, so if that's what is being repaired it's a pretty impressive response time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need to decide whether to bin the coach and go by train now.

alan917

Aug 5, 2005
the inside lane bothways were coned off this morning took me 30 minutes to get through, queued back to devils dyke turn off, nobody working to repair barriers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barrier repairs still ongoing there according to the AA Roadwatch live news, average speed now 16mph, traffic queuing, not expected to return to normal till 8.00 tomorrow.

Could get pretty GRUESOME there in a couple of hours...

D

Deleted member 18477

from the argus live travel update...

'One lane closed due to barrier repairs on A27 both ways between A270 Lewes Road and B2123 The Drove. Lane two (Of two) is coned off in both directions. Repairs are expected to be ongoing all day. Speed sensors indicate delays have eased.'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its going to be completely BANJO'D once the rush hour kicks in, that'll be a right old mission for the P&R buses to get through.

Glad I'm training it.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Its going to be completely BANJO'D once the rush hour kicks in, that'll be a right old mission for the P&R buses to get through.

Glad I'm training it.

are things going to be that bad. Leaving the office soon and was going to drive to the stadium from Portslade but now thinking go straight there by train.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Glad I'm training it.

Will sack off the coach and get the train. Unless the railway gives up beforehand. Any news on the mainline from London or the service to Falmer?

D

Deleted member 18477

UPDATE

One lane closed and queueing traffic due to barrier repairs on A27 both ways between A270 Lewes Road and B2123 The Drove, congestion on A27 Eastbound to A23. Lane two (Of two) is coned off both ways. Delays are expected this evening ahead of tonights match at the Amex stadium against Bristol City. Highways Agency advise westbound will have to be fully closed later this evening for further recovery.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Will sack off the coach and get the train. Unless the railway gives up beforehand. Any news on the mainline from London or the service to Falmer?

All looks good.

Apart from Tony Meolas Loan Spell's commuter train from London, that is. It ALWAYS breaks down. This phenomenon is closely followed by TMLS trying valiantly to break Facebook by letting vent his true feelings on this matter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just driven down the A23 and joined the Westbound A27. Traffic us already starting to stack up Eastbound - won't be long before it has a knock-on to the A23 southbound juntion.

Its going to get messy.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just come through it. Could be really bad in an hour---gonna walk to match tonight----see if I can beat my record of 15mins----or die doing it!! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All looks good.

Apart from Tony Meolas Loan Spell's commuter train from London, that is. It ALWAYS breaks down. This phenomenon is closely followed by TMLS trying valiantly to break Facebook by letting vent his true feelings on this matter.

I enjoy these moments. His posts on the subject of train failures contain more f**ks than a Bangkok brothel (and probably as many of the other naughty word too).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Someone hold the game up please. I'm gonna be late! Pie & Harveys ready in EU would be nice to save time.
Are the works after an accident in the past 24 hours?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
no match on a Tuesday now for 3 weeks could the work not have started tomorrow is there any forward planning in this country :shrug:

You know the answer to that Mr 'T' :annoyed: Still one of the benefits of living NEAR 'scoombe' is I can walk. However since last season ie: several hundred 'Harveys' it might take me a bit longer tonight! :drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports