Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A259 Shoreham Beach to Lancing

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What’s with all the tankers parked along from Shoreham Beach roundabout to halfway along to Lancing? (Please note that’s not rhyming slang.) must have been at least a dozen waiting with driver in tow when I passed through today.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What’s with all the tankers parked along from Shoreham Beach roundabout to halfway along to Lancing? (Please note that’s not rhyming slang.) must have been at least a dozen waiting with driver in tow when I passed through today.
I was wondering the same thing today.

Whatever work they have been doing, this has been going on for a good year, albeit maybe not all the time. One time when we drove past, one of the side roads was flooded with surface water in several places.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Waste water pipes in West Way have been leaking for a while now. They've done a few bodge repairs before and now they're re-lining the pipes. This means all the waste water needs to be tankered away. Proper repair. Apparently.

Nightmare.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Waste water pipes in West Way have been leaking for a while now. They've done a few bodge repairs before and now they're re-lining the pipes. This means all the waste water needs to be tankered away. Proper repair. Apparently.

Nightmare.
Try and be accurate old chap.its not " waste water" it's SEWAGE ! Big problems with the sewage system means they have to have tankers available to pump up the turds or it would be an environmental disaster....5th biggest economy in the world, Privatisation leads to efficiency, Opportunities of Brexit...World Leading.. etc etc.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Try and be accurate old chap.its not " waste water" it's SEWAGE ! Big problems with the sewage system means they have to have tankers available to pump up the turds or it would be an environmental disaster....5th biggest economy in the world, Privatisation leads to efficiency, Opportunities of Brexit...World Leading.. etc etc.
Was trying to be polite. I wasn't going to mention floaters.

Of course Brexit is to blame, Boris and Palarse fans equally at fault.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

What a load of shit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't want to start a new thread so searched for sewage. Britains warnings to avoid 83 beaches

All along the A259 ie the Sussex coast included.

• St Leonards
    Bexhill
  • Normans Bay
  • Pevensey Bay
  • Seaford
  • Saltdean
  • Brighton Kemptown
  • Brighton Central - Brighton
  • Hove Lawn
  • Littlehampton
  • Bognor Regis East
  • Bognor Regis (Aldwick)
  • Pagham
  • Langstone Harbour

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This has been going on for several months, clearly a shitty issue to resolve

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I didn't want to start a new thread so searched for sewage. Britains warnings to avoid 83 beaches

All along the A259 ie the Sussex coast included.

• St Leonards
    Bexhill
  • Normans Bay
  • Pevensey Bay
  • Seaford
  • Saltdean
  • Brighton Kemptown
  • Brighton Central - Brighton
  • Hove Lawn
  • Littlehampton
  • Bognor Regis East
  • Bognor Regis (Aldwick)
  • Pagham
  • Langstone Harbour
I really don't see why this has happened now ? Usually it's due to heavy sustained rainfall that they open the overflows...and we are apparently suffering a drought at the moment.. looks like my sea fishing is out of the question for a bit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s happened because investing to improve and repair properly would impact on shareholders dividends. f*** your fishing, surfers getting dysentery or widewater residents having turds floating past thier front doors

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
It’s happened because investing to improve and repair properly would impact on shareholders dividends. f*** your fishing, surfers getting dysentery or widewater residents having turds floating past thier front doors
and it is. Southern haven't paid a dividend to their shareholders since 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here