A23 new signage.......Handcross Lower

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I'll get me coat cocking.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It might be worth drawing the Argus's attention to this sign, although whoever does so will have to explain very clearly what the problem is.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I like the sound of Handcross Lower. Sort of place where amateur detectives solve country house murders making professional police officers look stupid and entirely incompetent.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Perhaps the locals should protest as the residents of neighbouring Pease Pottage did when new signs gave the village name as Peas Pottage. The slogan was "Give us the E" and eventually resulted in the signs being replaced with the "E" included.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Talking of errant signage, I wonder if the stands at the AMEX are appropriately named for the direction that their centre most points face. And if not, what would they be called ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just open the junction. How long can it take?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In years gone by road signs were manufactured in local authority sign shops, nowadays most of those shops are long gone, so less local knowledge of place names. Brighton & Hove council still has it's own small sign factory, but most local authorities shut them down years ago. I know there is a very large highway sign manufacturing company in Scotland who make signs for a lot of the UKs major road schemes, there is also a pretty big one in Birmingham. I'm sure (they think) it saves them a lot of money, somehow, being in the industry, I doubt it does.
You say that but most people seem to have zero knowledge of geography these days. I work in very much a geographical industry, and in my previous position had to explain to a senior colleague where the M4 was.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Talking of road signs, this always caught my eye on the way to home games:
road ahead closed sign not in use.jpg

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There is a wonderful sign at a T junction in a French town (I can't remember the exact place). A left turn translates as "All directions" while a right turn is "Other directions".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here