Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 Monday Mayhem

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
It's amazing how many people who have lived in the county all of their lives, only know one route to anywhere. You see people heading up the A23 in the mornings just to join the queues when there are so many other routes.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
got to get back up to bucks - so will avoid it all and go A27/A24 up to the M25. to be honest, i am glad i saw this thread as the journey home is the least of my worries today!!

did anyone else get stuck a few weeks ago on M23 NB after a major crash at a junction. took nearly 2 hours to get through it!! If they had just put someone on the roundabout to stop the traffic occasionally it would taken half the time!!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
got to get back up to bucks - so will avoid it all and go A27/A24 up to the M25. to be honest, i am glad i saw this thread as the journey home is the least of my worries today!!

did anyone else get stuck a few weeks ago on M23 NB after a major crash at a junction. took nearly 2 hours to get through it!! If they had just put someone on the roundabout to stop the traffic occasionally it would taken half the time!!!

I will park at haywards heath station and miss all that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No it isn't.

Yes it is, you were referring to the "ofs", it was plural; you didn't need a possessive apostrophe,

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
From the Highways Agency:

Traffic England - Disruptions Search

Future Road/Slip Closure
Roadworks
The A23 southbound will be closed between the junctions with the A264 and the A272 due to roadworks, from 8 pm on 13 May 2013 to 6 am on 14 May 2013.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
From the Highways Agency:

Traffic England - Disruptions Search

Future Road/Slip Closure
Roadworks
The A23 southbound will be closed between the junctions with the A264 and the A272 due to roadworks, from 8 pm on 13 May 2013 to 6 am on 14 May 2013.

Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 16.03.13.png

Seems like they can't make up their mind.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's a story. Few years back I was travelling back down the M6 just as Man Utd v Arsenal finished. Thousands (and I mean thousands) of cars full of both Utd & Arsenal fans and the M6 was down to one lane after junction 12 and so everyone took to the M6 Toll. Either bad planning or a brilliant money making scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here