Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A-Z: places in Sussex you love

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Could be a place, a pub, a shop, a hill - anything. Maybe don't include people. Accompanying pictures are preferable. We should be able to rattle through these - it's Friday. I'll start us off with A. Alfriston's nice, so is Amberley, but are they as good as the Amex Community Stadium? I think not.

View attachment amex.bmp

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hokay,I'll bite .

P = Portslade.

(Only one go each,is it ?)

Unless you want it in alpphobollical order,in which case,

B = Barbara's bedroom.

F - Firle

The old workhouse, at the end of my road.

WestFirle1.jpg

The Workhouse in West Firle, Sussex

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Glyndebourne - just for the fat singing people

Hurstmonceaux - fantastic castle; fascinating observatory

I'm sure Lewes is nice, but I grew up on the Lewes Rd/Coombe Terrace area, lovely childhood memories, Beavers Nest, The Newmarket Diner, Saunders Park, The Co-op that became a golf shop, the Army Barracks, The Happy Grill Kebab House, Shah's Indian, The Newsagent that would never give change for the launderette (even buying something with a pound note lead to the Spanish inquizition if it was less than 99p), Brighton's worst fish n chip shop, The Royal Hussair and climbing on the roof and watching The Strip at The Ship through the round window

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ripe, where my parents live and Seaford Head where the view over to the Seven Sisters is simply stunning.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Barcombe mills for me, great walks along the river north of the old mill, and its a special place to fish with some good pike in the winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here