Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A week until the Premier League kicks off (again) - how's your footballing mojo?

How's your footballing mojo ahead of the Premier League returning?

• 10 (High)

Votes: 9 3.9%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 25 11.0%

Votes: 38 16.7%

Votes: 27 11.8%

Votes: 28 12.3%

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • 1 (Low)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm still against the restart of the season but fully understand the financial implications for not proceeding. I'm about a five at present, as someone who hasn't got Sky or BT and with pubs closed I'm not going to be able to watch any Albion games.
I've always preferred to go to the games rather than watch from the comfort of my sofa. I'm just hoping that we stay up for the sake of the club's finances that said I feel if the worst happens we are in a good enough place to bounce back and come back stronger.
A couple of questions?
Is VAR being used in the restart?
Has relegation been confirmed?

Yes, if all games are played.

The decision as to what happens if teams don't play a full 38 games has been put off ( in the hope that the decision doesn't have to be made at all ).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen inside (just), facing through patio doors......

I trialled this setup this afternoon around 4pm when it was bright and sunny.

Our patio doors face West and it was passable, but not brilliant.

I then strung a few extension cables together and took the TV out into the shade at the back of the garden, along with the AppleTV, to test for BT Sports connectivity/streaming quality and viewability and it was really good so, assuming it is dry, that will be my setup for Saturday afternoon when [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and a couple of others are going to come round for the game.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'll be glad to watch some live football again. One can only hope that,
as I can't go to the game, some of the more anodyne and irritating pundits and commentators will remain furloughed....

Enjoyed watching the Rugby from NZ at the weekend.....stadiums with crowds though which we won't have until the Red Death no longer holds illimitable dominion over all. But the first pundit that says welcome to the new normal is going to boil my piss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I trialled this setup this afternoon around 4pm when it was bright and sunny.

Our patio doors face West and it was passable, but not brilliant.

I then strung a few extension cables together and took the TV out into the shade at the back of the garden, along with the AppleTV, to test for BT Sports connectivity/streaming quality and viewability and it was really good so, assuming it is dry, that will be my setup for Saturday afternoon when [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and a couple of others are going to come round for the game.

Thanks for this......going to have a play around....I think the direction the doors face should mean it’s ok but will be testing it out ahead of the game [emoji106]

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Around 3 for me - which is a lot higher than I thought it would have been back in April. I'm unlikely to watch any of it live, but I might have a look at some of the highlights.

The Albion mojo is probably around 4; I would have preferred to have cancelled this season and concentrated on the next one, but we are where we are. I reserve the right to up the Albion score if we start doing ok, of course.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Tv in garden using Firestick few comming round hot tub up and ready looking forward to it
Next door neighbours arsenal fans to add a bit of spice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm feeling very bipolar about it. I'm looking forward to watching tonight, I'll be extremely excited on Saturday, but then I start to panic about where we are going to get enough points. I'm somewhere between a 10 and a 1.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Looking forward to waking up tomorrow, picking up my phone and checking the Premier league results before getting up.
Seems like lifetime ago.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need this mini tournament to get off to a good start today with a victory for Sheffield United.

If not my "morale" will start to plummet rapidly.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
4 for me, missing the cricket more than the football at the minute. A Villa win tonight and Arsenal win on Saturday and I’ll be down to a 1 or 2.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Isn't it amazing what 4 points from the first 2 games after the restart will do for the mojo? I imagine the numbers would be a lot higher of the question was asked now.

I know my answer would be higher.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Isn't it amazing what 4 points from the first 2 games after the restart will do for the mojo? I imagine the numbers would be a lot higher of the question was asked now.

Absolutely, the four points we have safely tucked in the bank means I am watching out relegation rivals games with far more enjoyment. Looking forward very much to a couple of games tonight hoping for results that go our way.

I also can’t wait for the Man United game, with the points we have it’s a total free hit with hopefully more opportunity to view some of our newer players.

I’m buzzing!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Too true.

I voted '3' on the original poll. Currently, I would vote '8'. Me, fickle? Don't know what you're talking about.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was sceptical about this, but it has been very enjoyable so far.

I am now enjoying the PL Restart / FA Cup as the summer Euro 2020 replacement football tournament, with the tournament final being on August 1st ( The 'Heads Up' FA Cup Final ).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Voted 6, but would now be an 8. However, I don't see it getting any higher this season, as only the actual live experience would likely bring 9s and 10s.

C'est la vie - it is what it is for now, and we can return to 9s and 10s in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here