Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from the Wednesday

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It was going so well until you got to our badge.

Oh, and keep a look out for the Case screamer on the screen just before the teams come out

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good work fella. As has been said, our badge has been changed (thankfully) so the one used here is out of date.

It will interesting from our point of view if Mattock starts. We were pissed off that you beat us to his signature, but that was before Gus signed a much better player to replace him (Bruno).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good work fella. As has been said, our badge has been changed (thankfully) so the one used here is out of date.

It will interesting from our point of view if Mattock starts. We were pissed off that you beat us to his signature, but that was before Gus signed a much better player to replace him (Bruno).

The ball-shaver was replaced by Bridge!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have knocked this up to a **** four star again as both clubs could go top and we have some new players and a better than average Championship *** game.

[Albion] Brighton Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday **** Official Match Thread ****

In the third tier it would be one of the biggest games of the year, but in the Championship it is just one of a dozen top teams. Not so many southern derbies to get excited about.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I have knocked this up to a **** four star again as both clubs could go top and we have some new players and a better than average Championship *** game.

[Albion] Brighton Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday **** Official Match Thread ****

In the third tier it would be one of the biggest games of the year, but in the Championship it is just one of a dozen top teams. Not so many southern derbies to get excited about.

Those average topics got us a 3-1 win over Chelsea (nuff said), 5-1 home to Barnsley (first league goals of season and biggest Amex win so far) and 3-1 away to Burnley (first away win since Feb and away goals since Forest last season). Of course we need to see if its a coincidence though !!!

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Good write up, but its Vicente not ViNcente...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
decent write up, but...

'the' Wednesday?

fkqsxz.png

decent write up, but...

'the' Wednesday?
Read up on your soccerball history.

Sheffield Wednesday are the only English League club with a day of the week in their name. The club was initially a cricket club named The Wednesday Cricket Club after the day of the week on which they played their matches. The footballing side of the club was established to keep the team together and fit during the winter months.

The club, founded in 1867, was known as "The Wednesday Football Club" until 1929, when the club was officially renamed "Sheffield Wednesday Football Club" under the stewardship of manager Robert Brown.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

Although I'm quite excited about Charlton humping Palace later, to be fair.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good write up, enjoyed reading it.

I can see this being a tight game, but if we can keep it to 0-0 until 70mins I fancy us to go on and win in Gus time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Read up on your soccerball history.

Sheffield Wednesday are the only English League club with a day of the week in their name. The club was initially a cricket club named The Wednesday Cricket Club after the day of the week on which they played their matches. The footballing side of the club was established to keep the team together and fit during the winter months.

The club, founded in 1867, was known as "The Wednesday Football Club" until 1929, when the club was officially renamed "Sheffield Wednesday Football Club" under the stewardship of manager Robert Brown.

Yes, I know all of that, it was a sarcy response related to the running 'joke' about 'that' thread on owlstalk, not in response to him calling them the Wednesday.

After all, we all refer to this club as 'the albion'

It may also translate that my use of 'inverted commas' is not always correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here