Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A trip to Germany

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Basically using as a stopover on the way to Innsbruck, and also to cross it off our list of places been to. Trier sounds as if it may be worth a visit, many thanks for the heads up.

Well probably just have a look at Vianden Castle, and then go off to Trier. Loads of decent bars in the evening there too after a bit of sightseeing. Colosseum, Karl Marx house etc

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Back on the subject of Koln, they're very proud of their local beer (Kolsch) and the currywurst (essentially a sausage with curry sauce on it), so they are somewhat essential for your trip.

You'll see goat symbols everywhere: this (from memory I think it was called Hennes or something like that) is the symbol of FC Koln and adorns much tourist stuff.

Nice city, especially round the old town, where there are plenty of bars and pubs. Cathedral is impressive: if you've ever climbed to the top of the WSU then you'll be well prepared for the hike to the top of the Dom. It's easy to do a bit of a trip down the Rhine if you fancy that, and the rail network is quick and efficient if you want to visit any other cities in the region. I think you can actually get trains to Luxembourg from there, tying this quite nicely with the other poster's request...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Back on the subject of Koln, they're very proud of their local beer (Kolsch) and the currywurst (essentially a sausage with curry sauce on it), so they are somewhat essential for your trip.

You'll see goat symbols everywhere: this (from memory I think it was called Hennes or something like that) is the symbol of FC Koln and adorns much tourist stuff.

Nice city, especially round the old town, where there are plenty of bars and pubs. Cathedral is impressive: if you've ever climbed to the top of the WSU then you'll be well prepared for the hike to the top of the Dom. It's easy to do a bit of a trip down the Rhine if you fancy that, and the rail network is quick and efficient if you want to visit any other cities in the region. I think you can actually get trains to Luxembourg from there, tying this quite nicely with the other poster's request...

1.FC Koln.png

This one. Good ideas for the trip thanks, I'll be sure to suggest some of them when we (me and the boys) next meet for planning :)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's been a few years since I frequented the pubs so can't really remember but it shouldn't be too difficult finding a decent pubs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Try Koln to Amsterdam on the train thats a hoot:lol:

We're only supposed to be going for a couple of days in the half-term but with all these NSC suggestions I can see it spiralling out of control, ending up hundreds of miles away, and overall being one hellraiser of a trip!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
We're only supposed to be going for a couple of days in the half-term but with all these NSC suggestions I can see it spiralling out of control, ending up hundreds of miles away, and overall being one hellraiser of a trip!
I'll explain our flight was cancelled from Koln to Gatwick due to Snow ,couldn't get a Flight from Koln for 3days so it ended up Planes ,Trains and Automobiles to get home 2 days later via Amsterdam.Anyway enjoy Koln it's a top place.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'll explain our flight was cancelled from Koln to Gatwick due to Snow ,couldn't get a Flight from Koln for 3days so it ended up Planes ,Trains and Automobiles to get home 2 days later via Amsterdam.Anyway enjoy Koln it's a top place.

Should be fun, cheers again for the advice :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here