Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] A transgender woman has been found guilty of rape ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What’s interesting is there’s more comment on Caicedo having a new agent, than a man who has raped 2 women, who claims is /wants to be a woman. Strange days indeed
Facebook's that way mate ->

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because it’s a football forum perhaps and not the daily mail comments section.
At many times it's felt like a party politics forum, with a bit of football as an adjunct.

RDZ's wonderful football, some bans and a warning shot from @Bozza all seemed to bring the de facto takeover by a tiny cabal to an end. I hope.

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I must admit I find the whole political 'discussion' about transexuals absolutely bizarre. It's been going on for ages now.

According to the most recent census, which over 48m completed, only 0.5% of people identify as a gender different from the one assigned at birth.

I can see why the issue can be contentious for women, but when we're dealing with such small numbers it's almost irrelevant, and completlely unimportant.

Who exactly is pushing this as an issue and why?
Tories are pushing it because it creates a culture war and keeps people from actually looking at what they're doing.

Terfs enjoy it because it allows them to be bigoted much easier.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tories are pushing it because it creates a culture war and keeps people from actually looking at what they're doing.

When you start throwing abusing new terms around in this debate, you've kind of lost the argument.

I don't care what kind of toilet I use, but I know a number of women very uncomfortable with sharing them with men (and that's biologically born men) where workplace toilets are defined as "unisex".

They'd probably define themselves as left of centre and I wouldn't describe them as bigoted or either transphobic in any shape of form. They've just been forced to adapt and change because of a very fierce debate with feminism that has nothing to do with them.

The reality is that most wouldn't care if someone either defining themselves as a women or has transitioned was using "their" toilets. Somewhat anecdotally someone I used to know someone who transitioned and I met them for the first time afterwards as they walking out of the "ladies" and I was walking out the "gents". Nobody cares....

But since defining toilets as "male" or "female" is in the minds of some "bigoted", the compromise is urinals have disappeared, everything is a sit down job unless those with a penis invariable piss on the seat.

Many women feel uncomfortable listening to a bloke having a dump in the next cubicle.... believe it or not.

Women on the whole really hate it, but are afraid to say anything.

If someone defines themselves as female left use the female toilets, if someone defines themselves as a man let then use the male. If someone is somewhere else, them them choose. NOBODY CARES.

It's an issue that barely affects the vast majority of the population beyond the loss of the urinal.

However where I agree with you is that many right wing voices have picked it up to add it to their list of how society is being destroyed and only they can protect us.

They've lit a fire and walked away laughing.

As for the original post ?

It's irrelevant what the person defines themselves before after or during.

The story just adds to same culture wars that defined gay people as "dodgy" in the 80s. It's no different.

I just think this debate is far more complex in that it has potential side effects on women who aren't having an argument with anyone.

Last edited:

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
When you start throwing abusing new terms around in this debate, you've kind of lost the argument.

I don't care what kind of toilet I use, but I know a number of women very uncomfortable with sharing them with men (and that's biologically born men) where workplace toilets are defined as "unisex".

They'd probably define themselves as left of centre and I wouldn't describe them as bigoted or either transphobic in any shape of form. They've just been forced to adapt and change because of a very fierce debate with feminism that has nothing to do with them.

The reality is that most wouldn't care if someone either defining themselves as a women or has transitioned was using "their" toilets. Somewhat anecdotally someone I used to know transitioned and I met them for the first time afterwards as they walking out of the "ladies" and I was walking out the "gents". Nobody cares....

But since defining toilets as "male" or "female" is in the minds of some "bigoted", the compromise is urinals have disappeared, everything is a sit down job unless those with a penis invariable piss on the seat.

Many women feel uncomfortable listening to a bloke having a dump in the next cubicle.... believe it or not.

Women on the whole really hate it, but are afraid to say anything.

If someone defines themselves as female left them use the female toilets, if someone defines themselves themselves as a man let then use the male toilets.

That said, it's an issue that barely affects the vast majority of the population beyond the loss of the urinal.

However where I agree with you is that many right wing voices have picked it up to add it to their list of how society is being destroyed and only they can protect us.

They've lit a fire and walked away laughing.

As for the original post ?

It's irrelevant what the person defines themselves before after or during.

The story just adds to same culture wars that defined gay people as "dodgy" in the 80s. It's no different.

I just think this debate is far more complex in that it has potential side effects on women who aren't having an argument with anyone.
It’s very relevant how the law defines them under the equality act. Protected characteristic; that’s what matters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I must admit I find the whole political 'discussion' about transexuals absolutely bizarre. It's been going on for ages now.

According to the most recent census, which over 48m completed, only 0.5% of people identify as a gender different from the one assigned at birth.

I can see why the issue can be contentious for women, but when we're dealing with such small numbers it's almost irrelevant, and completlely unimportant.

Who exactly is pushing this as an issue and why?
typically its raised by two groups. first feminist who are peeved that some of their rights are being encrouched on by men that chose to be women. second those that vociferously oppose any suggestion biology cant be changed and trans rights must be supported at any cost. the 0.05% with actual sexual dysmorphia are in the crossfire just trying to deal with their day to day.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
I wouldn't post this on here.....this is a very pro LGBT group.......Premier League is a strong vehicle for LBGT......join the dots and it's easy to work out LBGT narrative and agenda comes from the "mischief gang" and is aimed at certain nations only.

Research suicides from gender transition, and the large % of men to women who have to dildo themselves daily for the rest of their lives to keep it open......and the infections, $80k operations to try and fix etc......

The thing is, the "mischief gang" have it arranged now in places like the UK, that to be "disgusted by anything" now means "hate crime / extremist." It's all a clever trick.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Look at you either trying to be oh so bloody down with the kids, or on a fishing trip. Pointless either way.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Raping two women when she was a man.

What times we live in.
And that’s why they shouldn’t be in women’s locker rooms or toilets… Bloody rapist weirdos and they use more toilet paper than ‘proper’ women..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah I see the opportunity to attack a whole group of people based on the awful actions of one member hasn’t been missed by those seemingly delighted for the opportunity to exploit it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've no desire to extend a manufactured debate which is just using the old trick of concentrating only on the small conflicts between the rights of minority groups in order to distract from who really holds the power in our society. It will only serve to make the lives of a tiny minority of already pretty excluded people more difficult.

However, the pedant in me can't resist pointing out that of the two terms used in the quoted post only 'tory' was coined as a slur. The word derives from an old word that meant 'outlaw' and was used to label a faction in the English Parliament who didn't want the eventual James II removed from the line of succession because of his Catholicism. Interestingly, their argument wasn't based upon not discriminating against him because of his religion, but on a belief that inheritence based on line of birth (based on primogeniture obviously) was sacrosant. Decades after the glorious revolution replaced James with the protestant William & Mary a new political group self identifying as 'Tories' became the Whigs' opponents and eventually morphed into the Conservative Party.

Terf, as explained in Episode 6 of Jon Ronson's fascinating 'Things Fell Apart' Radio 4 series, was a term coined simply to distinguish those radical feminists who believed that trans women should be excluded from an all women music festival from those radical feminists who believed that they should be included. The term, although purely descriptive, has since been used as a label by opponents of the surrounding ideology and is seen as a slur by some. It's use online these days is not really very accurate, because most objecting to trans rights are not radical feminists, but instead are conservatives who ride wedge issues for political capital, regardless of the real life consequences for those they are exploiting.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
We need to build a lot more prisons to account for the 90 odd genders there apparently are.
Nah, they just need to be relabeled:

Prison for people who have a penis.
Prison for people who don't have a penis.

Same applies to toilets, though I guess some people might find the signage offensive as both would have a picture of the male member...

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Terf, as explained in Episode 6 of Jon Ronson's fascinating 'Things Fell Apart' Radio 4 series, was a term coined simply to distinguish those radical feminists who believed that trans women should be excluded from an all women music festival from those radical feminists who believed that they should be included. The term, although purely descriptive, has since been used as a label by opponents of the surrounding ideology and is seen as a slur by some. It's use online these days is not really very accurate, because most objecting to trans rights are not radical feminists, but instead are conservatives who ride wedge issues for political capital, regardless of the real life consequences for those they are exploiting.

North of the border this issue has raised a few eyebrows it seems

Attachments

• terf.jpg
    terf.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 32

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
This could prove to be very interesting from a legislation point of view and impact current grey areas such as school travel involving overnight stays, summer camps, changing rooms etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here