Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
brighton.jpg
<-- Who's that big girls blouse? "Oooh, get that ball away from me"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wasn't 73/74 as we wore round collars that season when Mr Clough was manager and as seen on the Bristol Rovers 8-2 match on ITV, it was probably 75/76 as that was the first season we had a collar with the stripes, 74/75 we wore all white kit.

You're probably right, but I got those pictures from an Aldershot fan's website, and he dates them as March 1974.

:shrug:

Edit: Just looked at the Bristol Rovers match on YouTube. We're wearing collars, not round necks. So it probably is 1973/74.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a replica one of those, my only Albion replica kit :clap2:

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I have a replica one of those, my only Albion replica kit :clap2:

Have decided i'm gonna buy myself a retro shirt as really dont like the current one and trying to decide beween this one and the 70's one on sale at the club shop.

What is the sizing like on the Toffs shirts? Are they fairly generous or designed for the same midgets as Errea do?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have decided i'm gonna buy myself a retro shirt as really dont like the current one and trying to decide beween this one and the 70's one on sale at the club shop.

What is the sizing like on the Toffs shirts? Are they fairly generous or designed for the same midgets as Errea do?!

I am abroad at the mo so I can't check it but the one I have fits perfectly, back on Monday so if you haven't found out by then I'll check the size and let you know then. Quality is good though

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Their guidelines are
Small 36-40" 91-102cm
Medium 40-44" 102-112cm
Large 44-48" 112-122cm
X-Large 48-50" 122-127cm
XXL 52" 132cm

The material is quite stretchy, 100% cotton and doesn't fade, shrink or twist in the washing machine (unless you're a dumb-ass and boil wash it).

Be warned if you're quite having a long-sleeved shirt and you're tall and slim, you might end up with a shirt that's fine in the body, but short in the arms.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Clothing sizes in this country piss me off.. they cater for the morbidly obese, pie-swallowing, tubs of lards of this small isle but do they consider the short-arses?

Do they f***!

Rant over :angry:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Edit: Just looked at the Bristol Rovers match on YouTube. We're wearing collars, not round necks. So it probably is 1973/74.

Tony Bloom would've been a cheeky 3-year-old when these kits were being worn. Fancy that? :albion2:

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Their guidelines are
Small 36-40" 91-102cm
Medium 40-44" 102-112cm
Large 44-48" 112-122cm
X-Large 48-50" 122-127cm
XXL 52" 132cm

The material is quite stretchy, 100% cotton and doesn't fade, shrink or twist in the washing machine (unless you're a dumb-ass and boil wash it).

Be warned if you're quite having a long-sleeved shirt and you're tall and slim, you might end up with a shirt that's fine in the body, but short in the arms.

My main worry was that I could fit in a small chest size but the sleeves end half way between my elbow and wrist :lol:

May be worth a risk though as love this shirt and just returning and getting the next size if looks too stupid!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its what I said , between 75/77

Upon reflection, you're probably right.

It looks like (according to Tim Carder's book) we started 1973/74 with collarless (or round necked) shirts. I'm taking a guess that Cloughie changed them when he arrived in the October. It looks like we wore the collared shirt with no badge at all for the rest of the 1973/74 season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here