Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A thread of great tracks that occupy the whole side of an album

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Tales From Topographic Oceans, the ultimate one track a side , a double album with just 4 tracks

If you have a spare 83 minutes, enjoy (probably not the right word I hear you say)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oooh great album. But I'm going to rise (or maybe fall) to Triggaaar-esque levels of pedantry and point out that technically neither side has a whole track as 'The Hare who lost his Spectacles' end sides one and starts side two.

Oh, go on. Old Trig never leaves me alone when I cross the line of strict accuracy - don't hold back! :lolol:

I mixed up Passion play with Thick as a Brick. Best I post that. Another cracker....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tales From Topographic Oceans, the ultimate one track a side , a double album with just 4 tracks

If you have a spare 83 minutes, enjoy (probably not the right word I hear you say)

Read my original post :lolol::cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Double entry, Part 1 on side 2 of Twin Peaks and the conclusion on side 3

Saw Leslie West play in Deal about ten (OK, 15...ish) years ago. Magical!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think it's pretty safe to say that ANY track that takes up one entire side of an album is highly likely to be a huge slice of pretentious self-indulgent twaddle. Progressive my arse :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think it's pretty safe to say that any track that takes up one side of an album is highly likely to be a huge slice of pretentious self-indulgent twaddle :lol:

Quite amusing how many people have posted one side of an album with lots of tracks on it. With that level of comprehension......one can understand how.....no best not go there.....it already has its own 1500 odd page thread :facepalm::lolol:

Can someone start a thread called 'A thread of albums where one side has nothing but utterly stunning tracks'? OK, I'll do it now.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quite amusing how many people have posted one side of an album with lots of tracks on it. With that level of comprehension......one can understand how.....no best not go there.....it already has its own 1500 odd page thread :facepalm::lolol:

Can someone start a thread called 'A thread of albums where one side has nothing but utterly stunning tracks'? OK, I'll do it now.....

Maybe you should make it a poll :angel:

(I've now got the second side of that Mother's album blasting out !)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The-Beatles-Abbey-Road-Album-cover-web-optimised-820.jpg

Fluff used to play side 2 of this all the time. Probably one of the first times music had been segued in this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here