Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tony Rougier, sounds French.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Was he the one that we were desperate to get but he turned us down for a perm deal?

I think that was Bertin, but I'm not certain.

I actually have one of the Comic Relief special shirts that were auctioned off (Frutos' one, naturally), signed by Frutos, Bertin and the FDM.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
My favourite was Frutos - he was pretty good in that era. I met him after the Reading 5-1 drubbing and had a biref chat. When he came over he greeted us with 'Bonjour, Sava?' and seemed to not understand any English, so we got by with our very basic French. Once he had signed the programme, and had a little chat, he smiled and went 'Cheers mate' and strolled off. the cheeky little so and so

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Vincelot, now at Orient?

He's at Coventry now, but was at Orient.

Was he the one that we were desperate to get but he turned us down for a perm deal?

Whatever happened to the Le Harve connection?

edit - or was that Bertin?

Alexis Bertin did come on loan from Le Havre. That was a European agreement where youth players got funding if we twinned up with a European club. I think it lasted for a couple of years.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's at Coventry now, but was at Orient.

Alexis Bertin did come on loan from Le Havre. That was a European agreement where youth players got funding if we twinned up with a European club. I think it lasted for a couple of years.

I thought Vincelot had moved, just couldn't remember where

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
George Paris
Lyon Knight
Rouen Howell
Normandy Gall
Tours Bjorn Agdestein
Kazenga Loire Loire
St-Denis Mortimer
Bastille Savage

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
It's funny that there have been so few French players coming to us considering we are closer to many French cities than we are to say Manchester

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's funny that there have been so few French players coming to us considering we are closer to many French cities than we are to say Manchester

As the Hull fans sang to us a couple of years ago in an FA cup replay.

You're so southern, you're practically French.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here