Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thought. Last game of the season.. will we play the kids?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't think Sanchez gets re-registered from his loan return until the transfer window opens on Monday, but the rest looks good....

....unless Duffy has got an agreed transfer lined up.

Yeah Sanchez can't play as he's technically still a Rochdale player, and even if he wasn't he isn't named in our 25 man squad either, he's too old to qualify as an under 21 for this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm very taken with the idea of having a player in Teddy Jenks with a name straight out of the pages of a 1940s comic.

Also interested to see how he develops over the next couple of years. He's supposedly a real prospect- I was very impressed with his calmness on the ball and range of passing in that Villa cup game. He's a tall lad as well so the physicality of the PL (especially Burnley) shouldn't be a problem for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Roberts, Richards, Jenks and Cochrane - I don't think any of them have been out on loan yet, have they?

I'm not saying a loan is a compulsory step before being elevated to a (regular) first team place here, but surely these four must be candidates for a season in the Championship this year? Hope so - it's been great following the fortunes of our players in the Championship this season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nice thought but unrealistic. I would prefer that we played the total opposite way to the Newcastle game - you know, a bit of adventure, derring-do, go for it, attack, shots on goal, running at the defence, test the goalkeeper, and so on and so forth.

Yep, you’ve got it. 0-0 it is then! :drink:

Put out a strong team and tell them to go and enjoy themselves......

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Worth giving Cochrane a go given he is a left back and getting to the age were decisions need to be made about his future (i.e Champ loan next year- he's been linked to teams i believe or squad member).
Still think we should play our 'best' team- all players have something to prove.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The only change I would expect would be maybe a few youngsters on the bench given we can choose from 9, and a couple may be brought on with 10 minutes to go, to give them a taste of the PL.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Recently occurred to me that with this Burnley game being a complete dead rubber.. will Ashworth persuade GP to play a bunch of the U23’s?

Seems drastic, but that’s exactly what we did in an early round of the League Cup home to Villa earlier in the season.

It would make sense to blood some of them in time for the new season.

It's interesting that you post this.i had a dream last night that potter played a few of the youngsters.connoly got two goals and was man of the match.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The club's number 1 priority now will be next season.

Extra rest and injury protection for the very key players, and valuable experience and encouragement for those 4 young players are 2 benefits.

The club can put a value on these benefits, and it may be that it comes in as more important than a greater chance of £2million.

Protection for those orrrf as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It will be interesting to see what happens.

We are on the back of a very good 6 game unbeaten away run, featuring an array of in form teams.
I would like us to look to extend that run today and hope we pick our best team.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I imagine one or two may feature, however, I'd like to see us give the Dingles a doing on their own patch so wouldn't want wholesale changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here