Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thought for the players

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I just wanted to say, I'm going to be right behind the boys after this... As I'm sure we all will be... That's where my energies will be directed.

Lewis Dunk is going to be hugely important for us, the rest of the squad and the club... he's going to have to pick the group up... some of the new players heads must be spinning... young lads, thousands of miles from home, sold on the GP angle... what next for them?

Whilst it's clearly very, very shit, I know those at Bournemouth will show the kind of support to the club that only those with true hearts can - win, lose or draw.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I just wanted to say, I'm going to be right behind the boys after this... As I 'm sure we all will be... That's where my energies will be directed.

Lewis Dunk is going to be hugely important for us, the rest of the squad and the club... he's going to have to pick the group up... some of the new players heads must be spinning... young lads, thousands of miles from home, sold on the GP angle... what next for them?

Whilst it's clearly very, very shit, I know those at Bournemouth will show the kind of support to the club that only those with true hearts can - win, lose or draw.

Yes, and we need to back Andrew Crofts in the dugout too, virtually the last man standing.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yes, and we need to back Andrew Crofts in the dugout too, virtually the last man standing.

Sorry but Andrew Crofts is nowhere near good enough to be our interim manager. He lost 2-1 away at Colchester on Tuesday night in the trophy. I’d much rather Lallana and Dunk be the two men in charge for this game before the new appointment is made

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sorry but Andrew Crofts is nowhere near good enough to be our interim manager. He lost 2-1 away at Colchester on Tuesday night in the trophy. I’d much rather Lallana and Dunk be the two men in charge for this game before the new appointment is made
Dunk [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Maybe he tried to take him too, is it possible Crofty was the only one to say no ? I guess we'll never know.

Naturally he'll have my full support... some of the dev squad football has been superb.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
They looked ok on the video of the training session today.
Having said that I think that Dunky, Crofts and Lallana all have big leadership roles to play and the fans have their roles too.
Big effort from all on Saturday.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Welbz and Lallana. They've seen it all. Having them around will be invaluable.

scooter1

How soon is now?

I would think that Lallana will have a role to play, bearing in mind he won't be on the pitch for a few more weeks

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Whilst you might have a point, he's about the only option in terms of badges I suspect ... which is probs a better option than AL at this point. I do think the dev squad have played some nice stuff, even if the results have been a bit up and down.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

However good or otherwise we deem Crofty to be, he is the one tasked with the manager's job on Saturday at least, and as such he deserves all our support. End of.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wouldn't be too concerned about the player's heads going down to be honest, change of coaches is part and parcel of football. The senior pros should keep the younger ones straight as they'll have seen it all before - and even the younger ones will have been coached by a number of different people through their careers.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If it weren't for Crofty we'd have Paul Barber in the dugout at Bournemouth. Its a sad day for the current 4th best team in the country but hey, Brighton is bigger than the lot who've left and although Potter got us to where we are he's history now.

That’s the spirit - onward and errrmmm upwards - I’d settle for a bit downwards, just not too much.

It’s going to be weird though, surely the tea lady was handing out bibs at some point today ?

The cacophony of desk clearing must have been deafening at Lancing...

The coach driver is going to have to step up too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here