Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Southampton heads up

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I spoke to a couple of yeovil and rovers supporters who have been to st marys this season,they said the stwerding at st marys is very over the top,some rovers fans were (even tho they were on the back row) ejected for standing and not sitting in there seats when told.The rovers and yeovil supporters have also said the stewerds make sure everyone sits in the correct place as stated on the tickets which makes it hard to get a singing section in the away end,a couple of rovers fans were also ejected for refusing to sit in there correct seats.

i think this is a real shame in nearly all grounds you can sit were you want and it helps create a better atmosphere.anyone still going to take the risk?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's an awful soulless stadium, the trains are messed up for most of the easiest route from Brighton and the game is on the telly....I'm not generally an advocate of kick offs being shoved all over the place to suit Sky, but it seems by far the easiest option for seeing this game.

Sadly the world of H&S seems to have gone so over the top when it comes to stewarding that common sense goes out of the window.

Last week the few Oldham fans who were trying to create some sort of atmosphere from their distant view appeared to be given a very hard time by the stewards - WHY? There were only around 100 fans trying to have some fun and yet it seemed a total over reaction.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I got thrown out last time and I'm an angel. This is why I'm not going this time, vote with your feet.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Yeah i remember Southampton was pretty bad last time. We should still take a lot there, so should still be able to make a decent noise. I know its not the best ground to produce a good atmosphere, but if the whole end is standing and singing there is nothing the stewards can do to stop us enjoying ourselves and making a bit of noise

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yeah i remember Southampton was pretty bad last time. We should still take a lot there, so should still be able to make a decent noise. I know its not the best ground to produce a good atmosphere, but if the whole end is standing and singing there is nothing the stewards can do to stop us enjoying ourselves and making a bit of noise

Except throw about 100 out like they did last time.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Didn't something quite big happen last time? Didn't a steward hit a woman or something? Remember there was a rather large kafuffle and quite possibly the largest cry of 'Wanker! Wanker! Wanker!' I've ever heard. It happened towards the back of the stand and I was near the front so all I heard was hearsay, perhaps someone on here can clear it up?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The stewards at St Marys are, even by the low standards set by most stewards, f***ing useless jobsworth bellends.

There was all sorts of nonsense last time caused by the total inflexibility of the men and 'women' in orange.

Oh dear... they will be really up for it this time then :nono:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
got my ticket y'day am in row LL right in the bloody middle! was hoping to be a lot further back! il be trying to get a atmosphere going where iam!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
got my ticket y'day am in row LL right in the bloody middle! was hoping to be a lot further back! il be trying to get a atmosphere going where iam!

I am row Z so i think that im guessing that will be right in the middle?
Hopefully the stewards are better this time and people just sit where they want :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can't see Southampton wanting their stewards captured on live tv throwing people out for showing a bit of passion and creating an atmosphere (which is the reason this match is on tv, 'local' derby n all that)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was the first though, I believe. My standing up must have been more virulent some how!:cry:

Plus the fact that you stand out in a crowd of fellow Albion fans being a wee bit taller than average.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
thought id just add i went into the club shop today and was surprised,we have sold around 1500-1600 and they havent gone on sale to white members yet. They reckon 50/50 as to whether they go on general sale but i cant see there being more than 500.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here