Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A slightly pickled Barnes wants Brighton to go up

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Goal of the season for Burnley, runner up in Brighton's goal of the season, both in the Championship.
Not bad for a player who's not even League One standard, eh Mr Burns? Whatever happened to Mr Burns?

I'll happily stick by my previous comments about Barnes, far too lightweight, went down extremely easily and had a petulant temperament. Well done to him for working hard on staying on his feet and holding up the ball and he is a good striker in the Championship now, I was sad to see him go but it doesn't change the fact that those criticisms of him were valid when they were made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was with us for one full season in League One and scored the magic 20 goals in that season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A nice smile appears on his face when asked about Brighton. I'm no body language expert but to me it shows he cares and isn't bullshitting when answering the question.

Barnes' is a good 'un.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we don't make it, I'd love to see him back here if he's deemed not up to the PL by Burnley. A wholehearted player.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A nice smile appears on his face when asked about Brighton. I'm no body language expert but to me it shows he cares and isn't bullshitting when answering the question.

Barnes' is a good 'un.

Number NINE...

If we don't make it, I'd love to see him back here if he's deemed not up to the PL by Burnley. A wholehearted player.

Concur. Gives his all and scores some cracking goals (and misses some absolute sitters)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I was (and still am) gutted to see Barsney go. He seems like a genuinely nice lad.

Obviously fairly pickled with the off camera antics seemingly indicating it more than when he got infornt of the camera and looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Top man, good player that gave his all and always helps towards three points in the cup, good lad

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He'd have been a better back-up for Ulloa than Obika but 9 goals in 45 appearances for two top 6 clubs isn't a great return for a striker.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Barnes never has been the sharpest tool in the box I get the impression :lolol: Nice comments though.

I remember people saying that about David Beckham for the way he talked and no one could accuse him off being stupid now !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here