Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sign of how far we have come as a club...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was that a deliberate tactic to push Rohan onto the pitch and effectively 'cup tie' him knowing (or believing) that he will be going out on loan within the next few weeks?

What would be the point of that - ie what good would it do? I'd imagine you're looking at league 1 or below loan anyway so chances are his club will be out the cup if he leaves.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was that a deliberate tactic to push Rohan onto the pitch and effectively 'cup tie' him knowing (or believing) that he will be going out on loan within the next few weeks?

And what exactly would the benefit of that be?

edit: three minutes too late.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe giving Ince game time was just to remind clubs about his existence EQUALLY it could be the club standing by their player by getting him involved. For me its the latter

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Felt like yesterdays team would survive in Championship under Chris no issues, still looked pretty strong to me

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

He was the only fringe player on the bench and there was no need to put on any of our main players on instead of him, risking injury or suspensions for any of them. Kayal is returning from injury so was unlikely to ply the whole 90 minutes and Ince was always the logical choice to replace him out of the available players

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Leroy and Pocognoli would've had a run out if fit and THAT back 5 would do fine. Crazy the strength in depth we have these days.

On top of that, if we sign a striker for the next round then him or Baldock could play up front with Hemed in next round and we would have some combination (depending on players leaving on loan) of Ankergren, Hunt, Adekugbe, Ince, Towell and LuaLua available for the bench!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
FYI - MK were not at full strength.

However, I agree with the OP. One of my regrets from the game is that the fullbacks didn't get a bit more of a defensive workout!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here