Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A record?
Screenshot_20230401-170902.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Be nice if some of our on target ones were struck with a bit more venom, some of the ones today were very tame

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Be nice if some of our on target ones were struck with a bit more venom, some of the ones today were very tame
Yeah, according to your xGoT stat (expected goals among the shots on target) which you can find here, Brentford's keeper didn't have to make outrageous saves to deny you a fourth goal. Your quality of shots on target averaged for 3 expected goals among the ones that actually reached the goal and were either saved or got in - so shots intercepted by defense aren't counted in this stat.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah, according to your xGoT stat (expected goals among the shots on target) which you can find here, Brentford's keeper didn't have to make outrageous saves to deny you a fourth goal. Your quality of shots on target averaged for 3 expected goals among the ones that actually reached the goal and were either saved or got in - so shots intercepted by defense aren't counted in this stat.
I have literally no idea what any of this means.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I have literally no idea what any of this means.
Basically, despite having 15 shots on target, only 3 of them were the kind of shots that you'd expect to end up in the back of the net, so it means Brentford's keeper didn't have to make any outrageous saves to deny you a fourth goal.

Reactions: A1X

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Basically, despite having 15 shots on target, only 3 of them were the kind of shots that you'd expect to end up in the back of the net, so it means Brentford's keeper didn't have to make any outrageous saves to deny you a fourth goal.
Apart from Caicedo's thunder bustard.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't forget that every outfield player that started had at least two attempts on goal. The first time this has happened since records began in 2003 or whenever it was.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't forget that every outfield player that started had at least two attempts on goal. The first time this has happened since records began in 2003 or whenever it was.

That is the epitome of flair :thumbsup:

Just a shame only 3 of them went in :rolleyes:

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I know we have scored a lot of goals this season but in the majority of games, and especially today, I always feel we should have scored more. If we were as clinical as Brentford were today, we'd be in the race for the title and not just a Champions League spot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we have scored a lot of goals this season but in the majority of games, and especially today, I always feel we should have scored more. If we were as clinical as Brentford were today, we'd be in the race for the title and not just a Champions League spot.
and posters are still asking 'why do we get gutted and not the likes of Brentford and Fulham?'

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Certainly got our moneys worth yesterday. Great game for the neutral. Not so great for my frustration/stress levels.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly. Xg is actually low given the number of shots we had. Take out the pen and Welbeck’s header and the rest were unlikely to score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here