Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A serious question.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
This is turning into a really interesting situation. The results are poor, relegation is looming and a normally decisive chairman appears to be procrastinating over the one thing the majority of people are agreed on.

On the other hand it could be viewed that a shrewd chairman has a very clear plan about where we are going and how we will get there. He is prepared to accept a drop to a lower division, a reduction in revenue, the dismay of the fan base etc etc.

This will run and run until the ultimate conclusion is reached and at that time we will be able to look back and see the real picture of what really happened, why it happened and whether there was a master plan that came together.

Despite the current situation I believe you have to give our chairman the benefit of the doubt as he has proved in his life that he is a winner and seems to have mainly made the correct decisions along the way. The poker man in him rarely shows his hand but it will be fascinating to see what cards he is holding when he does

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't see him going for a while now. Seems the club are going to back and support him in the transfer window (wrong decision in my view) and then he will have the 'gelling' excuse. With that in mind I would not be surprised if he is still come here come end of February or March.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I really thought he'd be gone after the Millwall result.

What worries me is that almost everyone on here is saying let him bring his own players in during the January transfer window. But if his poor tactical decisions and team selection are anything to go by, then it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he would choose the right players to bring in.

If by letting him bring his own players in , that is an admission that Burke is not doing his job and should go , but i am not holding my breath

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder if 23 games ( half a season ) is significant in contract-break terms.

If so, Sami is gone after Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here