Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sensible match report

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Another positive is that it took place at the amex against a very good side: I imagine we have better facilities to analyse games played there, and therefore the game should have even greater utility as a learning tool for the team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The players weren't sure whether they should be cautious and keep it, or be bold and attacking. This will change over time and with more games under Oscar, so it isn't a big concern but made us look worse than we are last night. Hopefully it will be a different story against Norwich, more cohesion and a clear style of play.

Glad we have another home friendly now, we need another run out before Leeds, just to iron some things out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did anybody else pick up on Orlandi's strange body language?

Just watched the match on seagulls player and he didn't seem to be happy with instructions being given to him at half time which made me remember his substitution when he brushed off JFC's (I think it was him who replaced him) hand and didn't look happy.

Hope I'm reading it wrong

Maccabist

Jul 20, 2013
The players weren't sure whether they should be cautious and keep it, or be bold and attacking. This will change over time and with more games under Oscar, so it isn't a big concern but made us look worse than we are last night. Hopefully it will be a different story against Norwich, more cohesion and a clear style of play.

Glad we have another home friendly now, we need another run out before Leeds, just to iron some things out.
Welcome to the world of Cruyff.
Ball movement is about patience.
In Barcelona and Ajax they teach that strategy to kids since they first come to train at the clubs.

You have to have patience as fans as well. Because it will take time. Meanwhile, Oscar will prefer his team to hold the ball rather than lose it, and rightfully so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here