Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A season of contrasts

Albion Rob

Hard to take a stuffing like that today (glad I only watched the last half hour on live stream) but from what I saw it was partly a bad day at the office (terrible timing) and partly the exposure of a few of the things we're missing in the cruellest manner.

I've never bought in to the 'it's too early to go up' mentra - if we had got there let's take the money and see what happens - but our record against the top sides in this division speaks for itself. Only Southampton and Cardiff have felt the force of an Albion victory - and bear in mind the teams who go up from this league will be the favourites to go back down next year!

To be honest this season has never really plodded along, it's either been amazing highs like the start of the season or that great run around Jan/Feb or it's been hard to take like Palace at home and today. Quite a rollercoaster and while the lows have been painful we've enjoyed some great high and whatever happens over the next fortnight the worst case scenario is that we get to do it all again next season with a year's more experience and hopefully with a stronger squad.

And, of course, we could still sneak into the playoffs. Spawny two-legged win over Southampton or West Ham anyone?!

Sorry for those that went today and had a rubbish time - performance looked dreadful and can't have been fun with all those East London meatheads in great voice - but we know as well as anyone that football is a long slog and I honestly think if we can address the weaknesses with good players and use today as a catalyst rather than a millstone we could well be next season's Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here