Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad start to Monday morning.

Macca the attacker

Apr 7, 2010
Sad news. Having just got our first puppy two weeks ago I can fully understand your sadness at a cherished member of the family passing away.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I spent the day with him yesterday expecting him to pass away at any moment but he still managed to potter about even though he was finding it hard to breath at times, then he would just plomp himself down and rest. Eventually he went out through the cat flap and sat there for a while. I came down and found him stretched in one of his favourite places. The dear old fellow is now buried up at the top of the garden in pet cemetery along with his other friends. I'll never forget how he used to snuggle up next to me and just look up with his beautiful blue eyes almost saying, I love you Dad

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I spent the day with him yesterday expecting him to pass away at any moment but he still managed to potter about even though he was finding it hard to breath at times, then he would just plomp himself down and rest. Eventually he went out through the cat flap and sat there for a while. I came down and found him stretched in one of his favourite places. The dear old fellow is now buried up at the top of the garden in pet cemetery along with his other friends. I'll never forget how he used to snuggle up next to me and just look up with his beautiful blue eyes almost saying, I love you Dad

:cry:

I remember being an absolute wreck at work when our cat (named, improbably, Fizzy :lol:) had to be put down, years ago. I was so sad. He was buried in my folks back garden, close to the patch of hallowed turf salvaged from the Goldstone. It's a sacred corner :)

PS: Earthquake is an epic name for a cat. Well played :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know your pain. It ripped my heart out when My Harry died, still miss him now everyday. This consoled me but the tears flowed. Never underestimate the power of Love for a Pet. Take care https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

phoenix

May 18, 2009
well done once again all the good folk of n.s.c. What a caring lot you all are R.I.P Earthquake.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'll be mortified when my Sooty and Starbuck go, and not afraid to admit I'll be a jibbering wreck. Pets are amazing - well the cuddly ones are at least. Give it a few days and then think about getting your next pet. ATB.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
We lost our Freddie in Jan. A pathogical pscho who owned the whole road and god help anyone who took him on, he would terrorise passers by, cyclists, and would even dispute the right of way with cars. He wasn't long for this world and came off second best to a large greyhound, who in fairness was defending himself leaving me to make apoligy to the devistated owner. It was quick at least. We have now rehomed a two year old shorthair, who wouldn't hurt a fly, though oddly likes taking frogs for walkies.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I came down this morning to find that my dear old Cat, Earthquake, had passed away during the night. 15 years old and only two visits to the vet during his life. It's always so sad to lose a family member but one is left with happy memories. Onwards and upwards.

So sorry. We have a cat, Simba who has brought so much happiness to our household. When something eventually happens everyone will be devastated.

RIP - Earthquake

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Well that's one of the saddest things I've read on here in a long time... My sympathies mate. RIP, to the phenomenally named Earthquake

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Feel for you ht , our 14 year old cat was put to sleep on friday.hopefully earthquake and trixie are catching mice in heaven.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
So sorry to hear about Earthquake.
I have been through this scenario numerous times.
The thing that brings the most sorrow, is the thing that has brought the most joy.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry for your loss. We had our ginger tom, Harvey, put down earlier this year. We lasted about three weeks without a cat in the house before heading to the RSPCA for another. It's never the same as the one you lose but we now have another lovely (and big) ginger Tom called Charlie.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Got to be asked - why call a cat Earthquake?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Blimey this has me tearing up at the thought of our cat passing away.

We adopted him when he was a street cat here nearly 10 years ago. He is black and called Iswed (Maltese for black!) Can't imagine life without him.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
So sorry about this. I've been there a few times as well. Try to take comfort in fact that Earthquake lived a healthy and happy life - Treasure the memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here