Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Question For Commuters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Do snorers sitting near you on trains drive you to virtual insanity in the same way they do me ? I was sitting opposite a pretty well known NSC'er this morning , who to be fair looked like he hadnt slept for a week when I joined the train at haywards heath, the question is , should they be woken up or left to annoy those in close proximity ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do snorers sitting near you on trains drive you to virtual insanity in the same way they do me ? I was sitting opposite a pretty well known NSC'er this morning , who to be fair looked like he hadnt slept for a week when I joined the train at haywards heath, the question is , should they be woken up or left to annoy those in close proximity ?
He pretty much hadn't.

Oh, and you should let people SNOOZE in the morning. I'm forever pretending not to notice people I know well enough to consider friends when it is that time of the day.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm not well know enough for it to be me.

However I do sleep sometimes, I do snore and I am capacious enough to require all my seat.

In return I promise NOT to do the follwoing, which others do on the train and no amount of headphoen noise will solve.

1) Sniff and snort whilst sneezing wet droplets on others

2) put my handbag on the table

3) eat an apple as if I were a pig being ready to be served

4) stretch my legs out so those opposite and next to me are restricted

5) try and take all the middle armrest (l have loads of stories about grumpy people who have received the benefit of my 'stay calm , Jesus loves you' response when they've tried an israeli style landgrab)

6) I wont thump hell out of a laptop

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Without an iPod I would have gone postal on the train long before now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Without an iPod I would have gone postal on the train long before now.

I do hope you haven't got the standard issue iPod headphones otherwise you would be committing my biggest pet hate on trains.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try & become more popular by buying beers and losing at cards so that a group of non snorers will save you a seat

I think it will take more than this for Bushy to become popular :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I do hope you haven't got the standard issue iPod headphones otherwise you would be committing my biggest pet hate on trains.

Bet its not as bad an people who sit on trains playing music on their phones without earphones (usually (c)rap music) and to make it worse they sing along to it

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bet its not as bad an people who sit on trains playing music on their phones without earphones (usually (c)rap music) and to make it worse they sing along to it

Obviously that is VERY annoying but less common than the tinny sound that leaks from people's earphones :rant:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Nope, Senheiser ones. I don't have it up very loud and often listening to classical anyway, so would leak rather less without the heavy bass.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
at least you can ask these people to turn it down , which i do regularly, i usually get the response " oh, can you hear it ? " no you f***ing imbecile i'm saying it for a laugh !

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
You've gotta let them snooze IMO.

I commute from Portsmouth to Waterloo on the train regularly (1.5 hours in total) and believe me the majority of people on the 0624 are either snoring or wanting to be snoring.

Absolutely bloody hate the train on that commute too. It literally sucks the life out of me. Sometimes I treat myself to first class and that is a much more pleasurable experience!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
05:46 Hampden Park to London Bridge is a nightmare! Not sure how some on board even drive to the station in the morning! Go to f***ing bed earlier...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here