Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A poor appointment - the cheaper option than Coppell!!!!!!!!!

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
At the stage of the season and position bha are in, we cannot really afford to appointment another "maybe."

poyett has never managed before, and what experience does his assisstant have?

He also has to combine his job with completing his pro licence.

Last edited:

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
This is definitely a shot in the dark, and to be honest, an unwanted gamble at this moment in time. I hope he is a success - I really do but I find it highly unlikely

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
This is definitely a shot in the dark, and to be honest, an unwanted gamble at this moment in time. I hope he is a success - I really do but I find it highly unlikely

i feel the same way i think its a very very large gamble that bloom is taking on but i hope it gets pulled off but i find it doubtful

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At the stage of the season and position bha are in, we cannot really afford to appointment another "maybe."

poyett has never managed before, and what experience does his assisstant have?

He also has to combine his job with completing his pro licence.

Cheap option :US::wozza:

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
i feel the same way i think its a very very large gamble that bloom is taking on but i hope it gets pulled off but i find it doubtful

Absolutely. In addition, I think I would have been happier if a stronger assistant was employed. Someone with a bit of experience. Tarricco does nothing to fill me with confidence. Having said that, I will of course be behind Poyet - and Tarrico and be the first to admit I was wrong if he does prove a success!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Absolutely. In addition, I think I would have been happier if a stronger assistant was employed. Someone with a bit of experience. Tarricco does nothing to fill me with confidence. Having said that, I will of course be behind Poyet - and Tarrico and be the first to admit I was wrong if he does prove a success!

I feel the same way as well mate i want them to be succesful of course but i feel that we need some experience there to assist poyet with some choices

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Alan Mullery was a shot in the dark and look where he took us! Give the guy a chance. Leeds fell apart when he left, he was obviously the brains behind Wise. Could be a fantastic appointment!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Outsider view here is that it is quite a forward thinking appointment, Poyet is a good coach but as has been proven many times in the past good coaches don't always make good managers. However i think Poyet has something about him AND GIVEN TIME could be very good, however Brighton don't tend to hang on to their managers very long so all i can say is i hope he gets a bit of time to put his stamp on the team and club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Outsider view here is that it is quite a forward thinking appointment, Poyet is a good coach but as has been proven many times in the past good coaches don't always make good managers. However i think Poyet has something about him AND GIVEN TIME could be very good, however Brighton don't tend to hang on to their managers very long so all i can say is i hope he gets a bit of time to put his stamp on the team and club.

Thats the key point

time, will he be given it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here