Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A photo for you aircraft geeks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looking forward to going to Farnborough for the first time in July.

The F-35s (5 of them, apparently) will be cool to see, but I'm hoping for confirmation of the Swedish Historic Flight with their Tunnan, Draken and Viggen - there's something about jets of that era that just does it for me.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Last few years I have stayed at the Pheasant Inn at Hungerford. Not sure if I will this year.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
It's ok I go every year and have done for more years than I care to mention so I am very well versed in the traffic situation! The traffic control has improved a lot since the old days especially now its all ticket and they limit tickets!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
CjasTLeWkAAIb-L.jpg

On the subject of aircraft, one of these (osprey) flew over my allotment the other day :)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Looking forward to going to Farnborough for the first time in July.

The F-35s (5 of them, apparently) will be cool to see, but I'm hoping for confirmation of the Swedish Historic Flight with their Tunnan, Draken and Viggen - there's something about jets of that era that just does it for me.

The Saab's are the loudest things I've ever heard!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is the spitfire? doing loop the loops over East Preston now ?

I don't think it is that unusual as, next door in Ferring, I see it fairly regularly.

Some/many are maintained at Shoreham (Ricardo) and I believe they are 'unleashed' a bit thereafter to check everything is OK.

Only as I understand of course.

Maybe but no.

The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund Princess Marina House is on the Rustington foreshore.

Therefore it's a stop-off point for all passing aircraft, which as you can imagine gets busy at this time of year.

Also you'll often get a fly past coinciding with:-

Two world air speed records were set over Rustington sea front.

Set on 7 September 1946, by Group Captain Teddy Donaldson, flying a Gloster Meteor Star. Donaldson also became the first man to exceed 1,000 km/h.[6]
Set on 7 September 1953, by Squadron Leader Neville Duke, flying Hawker Hunter WB188, at a speed of 1170.9 km/h.
To celebrate, on 7 September 1996, Neville Duke returned to Rustington to unveil a plaque, marking the event, joined by a Gloster Meteor and a Hawker Hunter, which flew over the sea front.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Whilst getting excited about the imminent Iron Maiden gig I have been following the exploits of their current tour. Unless you don't know their singer is, amongst a few things, a qualified commercial air pilot. He is literally flying the band, stage crew and the stage show around the world in a 747. They stop off at various stadia on a carefully plotted route around the world. Fans even come out to see the plane land in their country.

This photo was taken last week. Bruce Dickinson, the singer, said in an interview afterwards that he put the autopilot in a circular bank around table mountain and did a few circuits whilst a small plane took the snaps. Cool huh?

Love this shot love Iron Maiden

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here