Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A perfect example of Brighton pretentiousness and pretending to be anti-establishment

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be honest I saw that as her poking fun out of the fact that the Argus wanted to do an article on her. She's sexing up her story so it gets more attention. And here we are discussing it. Job done.

Textbook marketing

And fair play to her but I'm guessing she chose a pretentious way (that's only my opinion of course) of doing it. However, it's nice to see that Gove does have some use.

As an aside - how come the Haitians stick pins in dolls to hurt people and the Chinese stick pins in people to make them better?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As an aside - how come the Haitians stick pins in dolls to hurt people and the Chinese stick pins in people to make them better?

Because they have it the wong way round?

I'm surprised at you starting this thread Lee, I thought you were all for free enterprise. Would you have been so upset if they were Ian Holloway dolls?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Because they have it the wong way round?

I'm surprised at you starting this thread Lee, I thought you were all for free enterprise. Would you have been so upset if they were Ian Holloway dolls?

I'm not against her making money from a tool like Gove, it's the comment about 'rebellion' and saying that she 'literally woke up and thought Tory voodoo doll' as a way of tapping into a certain Brighton psyche that makes me want to ...well apart from wishing I hadn't started this crap thread.. let's say that Brighton's little subclass of hipsters irk me at times.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Voodoo doesn't involve the involve the practice of sticking pins in dolls. It's pure myth. So not only is she a **** she's an inaccurate ****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stupid and somewhat rude, however, she has taken David Cameron at his word and is, I quote, " someone who wants to work hard and get on " and as such is a fantastic example of modern capitalism.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is there a Billy Davies one?
If she had any business sense she should make dolls of our opposition each home game and flog them outside thr ground, then just as their striker is about to shoot we can stick a pin in his nuts.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Is there a Billy Davies one?
If she had any business sense she should make dolls of our opposition each home game and flog them outside thr ground, then just as their striker is about to shoot we can stick a pin in his nuts.

This is a brilliant idea, and will make someone very rich. Get to it!

Just got back from a beer or two in the sun in the main square, reading the Sunday Times I bought at Gatwick a few days ago. I'd always thought Michael Gove a bit of a prat but there's an interesting article about him by Chris Woodhead, someone I do have a lot of time for, he talks a lot of sense.

Quite changed my opinion of Michael Gove. OK, he still looks a prat,and sounds a prat, but maybe he isn't as much of a prat as I thought.

Sorry to drag this thread down to a relatively serious level :yawn:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The woman is using her creativity, time and skill to make an light hearted novelty product. Don't see anything pretentious about that, good for her - and hopefully the voodoo dolls will actually work.

Generally agreed. But she's practicing capitalism now, so she's a member of the capitalist class. She'll put down the knitting needles and pick up a tory rosette for the next election.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What cupid stunt of a woman

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I like the way the Argus described her as a 'sewer'. Embroiderer or doll-maker might have been better.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
.. let's say that Brighton's little subclass of hipsters irk me at times.
lo

I spend long winters nights thinking of ways to scare the shit out of them Introducing myself as an international arms dealer who grows GM crops in my spare time is a good starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here