Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A passing thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do we fence off the away fans after the game too? will they have to stay out of the other concourses too or will they be kept behind a fence there too after the match? and what about on public transport? fences there too?

So why segregate them during the match? Where is the logic? I can understand why but on your thinking there is no need.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Chips and Seagulls - piles of chips between the opposing fans, and the marauding seagulls will do the stewarding for us.

But no to fences. Apart from anything else, the vastly different numbers of travelling fans. Nearly 2,000 yesterday. Sometimes 1,000 or 500.

Oct 25, 2003
Chips and Seagulls - piles of chips between the opposing fans, and the marauding seagulls will do the stewarding for us.

But no to fences. Apart from anything else, the vastly different numbers of travelling fans. Nearly 2,000 yesterday. Sometimes 1,000 or 500.

Yes it'd mean no choice but to have vast amounts of empty seats if the away team have a low turnout as the away end size would be fixed with no option to shrink/increase it and adjust home ticket sales accordingly.

So actually it would most likely lose us ticketing revenue for a lot of games- pretty much every midweek game for example

It's just a stupid idea basically

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes it'd mean no choice but to have vast amounts of empty seats if the away team have a low turnout as the away end size would be fixed with no option to shrink/increase it and adjust home ticket sales accordingly.

So actually it would most likely lose us ticketing revenue for a lot of games- pretty much every midweek game for example

It's just a stupid idea basically

When have those seats between the south east corner and lower east ever been used irrespective of the crowd,. Never to my knowledge so why have them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nah, the biggest seat saver would be to place a, oh I don't know let's say, 70 year old in the middle seat of the dividing line.
I'd imagine being spoken at on a wide and varied range of topics while being told what's wrong and how things should be done, for any length of time, would create a natural barrier.

Oct 25, 2003
When have those seats between the south east corner and lower east ever been used irrespective of the crowd,. Never to my knowledge so why have them?

When there have been particularly large away followings. For example Arsenal in the cup a couple of years ago. At the moment you can shrink/expand the away end accordingly which makes sense. Particularly at our level where away attendance fluctuate quite a lot. This would be impossible if there were ****ing FENCES creating a set amount of space that you could use for away fans with absolutely no ability whatsoever to alter it.

So for example Arsenal in the cup who could sell, say, 3,000 tickets have exactly the same amount of space as MK Dons on a Tuesday night who bring about 200 fans. No ability to offer Arsenal any more tickets and no ability to sell on the extra MK Dons tickets to home fans

I think even you know that you're talking nonsense this time

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

30666 turned up for the Rugby world cup? perhaps they were used then?

The only time the Amex has genuinely been filled :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to having noticed the extra seats being given to away supporters and didn't think about it until yesterday when it was said it was complete sell out but I can see your point about the lack of flexibility. It was just a suggestion but perhaps not the best although I would personally have no objection to fences.

Oct 25, 2003
Not to mention the negative PR involved in fencing in human beings in what is supposed to be a modern community stadium that prides itself of how welcoming it is

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Which then sets the question why that number permitted for a rugby game but not a proper football game as the stadium safety certificate wont be different surely.

Don't know,perhaps its a reputation thing....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would have thought the stadium safety certificate would have stipulated a maximum seating capacity irrespective of sport. but obviously not.

But when Arsenal come down and those SE corner seats do get used and the lower East has to have a split in the last 3rd to allow for the segregation the segregation still has to go in,as others have stated...i would have thought,the model for Rugby factors in no segregation..

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
At some stage the Amex will be a Prem ground,I wonder how segration will work with the likes of some visiting fans.

Oct 25, 2003
I would have thought the stadium safety certificate would have stipulated a maximum seating capacity irrespective of sport. but obviously not.

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion. There would be a safety certificate with a maximum seating capacity irrespective of sport...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here