A Palace view

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
First 10 Minutes you were so good I thought you were going to annihilate us.
Also the noise from the West stand was deafening, thought you wouldn't possibly hear us all night.

What happened ???
Its clear that your team lost confidence as the game went on, other than 5 mins after half time when Gus had obviously riled them back up.
By the end Brighton looked shockingly bad, an abject lesson in the effect confidence has on a team condensed into 90 minutes.
I think Noone off for you and Parr on for us made a huge difference, Noone looks quality.

You need to bounce back quick from this, you have had a glimpse tonight of how bad you could get .... doesn't bear thinking about does it.

As for the singing I didn't think we were so loud tonight but you guys seemed to tail off into the odd half hearted albion here and there and content to just boo us instead.

I have to say I have never in 30 odd years of going to matches EVER seen a ground empty like that... I'm not judging, just saying.

To the guy in the West stand who stayed to the bitter end and in the face of our exultant gloating turned and clapped us before leaving, good on you mate, i'll try to remember your example in future.

Magic night to be a Palace fan :) I would have taken the draw at 70 minutes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree with most of your report Mr Nigel, I am gutted to be a Brighton fan and embarrased by how our stadium cleared before the final whistle. I will go watch us week in and week out, home and away, but tonight was a complete embarrasment. I'm a Brighton fan hanging my head in shame for our support and performance. I am hanging my NSC boots up for a while.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I agree with most of your report Mr Nigel, I am gutted to be a Brighton fan and embarrased by how our stadium cleared before the final whistle. I will go watch us week in and week out, home and away, but tonight was a complete embarrasment. I'm a Brighton fan hanging my head in shame for our support and performance. I am hanging my NSC boots up for a while.

Chin up mate, its only a game ;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, a good summary as I finally arrive back on my sofa in Somerset. It's a long old trip to see something as horrific as that.

As to the fans - I think both sets were poor for a lot of the game, but I think it was nerves. There were long periods of play where possession was shared around a bit but with no real thrust from either team and neither 'keeper asked to do a lot.

Bollocks to it all.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
First 10 Minutes you were so good I thought you were going to annihilate us.
Also the noise from the West stand was deafening, thought you wouldn't possibly hear us all night.

What happened ???
Its clear that your team lost confidence as the game went on, other than 5 mins after half time when Gus had obviously riled them back up.
By the end Brighton looked shockingly bad, an abject lesson in the effect confidence has on a team condensed into 90 minutes.
I think Noone off for you and Parr on for us made a huge difference, Noone looks quality.

You need to bounce back quick from this, you have had a glimpse tonight of how bad you could get .... doesn't bear thinking about does it.

As for the singing I didn't think we were so loud tonight but you guys seemed to tail off into the odd half hearted albion here and there and content to just boo us instead.

I have to say I have never in 30 odd years of going to matches EVER seen a ground empty like that... I'm not judging, just saying.

To the guy in the West stand who stayed to the bitter end and in the face of our exultant gloating turned and clapped us before leaving, good on you mate, i'll try to remember your example in future.

Magic night to be a Palace fan :) I would have taken the draw at 70 minutes.

Agreed and I think that your's was a fair and reasonable post.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Jesus Christ, we lose to Palace and then they send a decent(ish) person to post on our forums? I just don't know what to believe anymore.

They sent two! Him and Palace Fan....

Sep 28, 2011
good view there Nigel... didnt think brighton were as shit as theyre making out on here, when we equalised i was praying to hold on, dad turned to me on 85 mins and said 'would you take a point', i just said instinctively yes. If they keep playing like the first half hour, theyll do well.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Im just wondering why we had to make easily, by at least 50% worse than any other game this season, our worst performance so far in this game of all games. It was shockingly bad compared to how they have been performing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
good view there Nigel... didnt think brighton were as shit as theyre making out on here, when we equalised i was praying to hold on, dad turned to me on 85 mins and said 'would you take a point', i just said instinctively yes. If they keep playing like the first half hour, theyll do well.
tbh I was thinking I'd take a point as soon as you scored. We did play well for 20 mins/half an hour, but we were absolute tripe for the rest of it. You were all over us. Before half time I was hoping for that so you wouldn't equalise and Gus could sort it out :facepalm:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I remember last time we were in the championship losing 5-1 at Reading (CKR getting a consolation at the end). I don't remember anyone leaving that day. Because we love our club no matter what and we'll stay and support. Life as an albion fan was pretty shit then. Now it couldn't be better and yet there was a fickle exodus tonight. We're only in september and this is happening. If it gets any worse on the pitch the south stand will be the only place with people in it.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Sir Nige has been posting reasonable stuff on NSC for weeks/months and has normally received the usual myopic anti-Palace drivel from our muppits.

I know, I've seen, but if we'd won 3 - 1 I'd have been posting photos of my balls over their forums. This man has some serious decorum!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I remember last time we were in the championship losing 5-1 at Reading (CKR getting a consolation at the end). I don't remember anyone leaving that day. Because we love our club no matter what and we'll stay and support. Life as an albion fan was pretty shit then. Now it couldn't be better and yet there was a fickle exodus tonight. We're only in september and this is happening. If it gets any worse on the pitch the south stand will be the only place with people in it.
But that's an away game, it's different. Not sure if it was the same season or the one before but I remember us being 4-0 down to Wigan in half an hour at Withdean and people leaving! Twats. obviously, but there's always going to be a few.

I didn't and I hope never will leave games early, but let's be honest it's not a fickle exodus, it's mostly wanting to get home relatively sharpish when we've obviously lost the game.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I think the unique circumstances of this game; the sheer humiliation and disappointment felt when we just fell apart at the end, along with the travel situation regarding the Amex perhaps contributed to the extent of the exodus.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
... but let's be honest it's not a fickle exodus, it's mostly wanting to get home relatively sharpish when we've obviously lost the game.

Fair enough, but this sounds like an awful lot (more than normal) of fans leaving all at once. Leaving people to question whether they are fans at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports