Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A(nother) reminder about defamation

That's not for me to judge! If that was in context of offering an inaccurate view of someone else, like what Ernest did yesterday, I would assume that comment would get removed.

No-one should assume that inappropriate comments will get removed by the moderators. The point that Bozza is making is that posters should take responsibility themselves for what they have posted.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone on here aware that lazy allegations of racism are also Libellous resulting i people being succesfully sued.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am in the process of putting together a whole series of allegations about a famous celebrity which I will be able to prove in any court of law. I'm going to break the news on here.......... Keep tuning in folks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Legal action is one thing. At the other end of the spectrum there is the risk that if the subject of your post doesn't much care for your opinion, they circumnavigate M'learned friends in favour of a far more intimate and personal approach... just ask The Complete Badger.

:eek:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I have an idea:

If someone wants to say,"XXXXX is not capable of carrying out his professional responsibilities, and is lying to cover himself"

but doesn't want to get libelled for it, say, "XXXXX is capable of his professional responsibilities and is an honest & truthful soul"

i.e., say the exact opposite of what you mean.

1) It will appear in digital print as non-libellous and innocent :p

2) But NSC users will know exactly what you mean :)

Yes? No?

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Yes. That's the whole point - people need to actually consider the consequences of what they write, on a public forum.

Let's take another example, away from football and emotional ties with a football club. Because the context of the thread which has raised this again, was financial reporting, let's take a local firm of accoutants, for example.

Let's say that Bloggs & Co. acted on behalf of a poster on here, and he was disatisfied with their work.

If he started a thread saying "Don't use Bloggs & Co. Accountancy - I found their service poor" they'd be annoyed if they read it. If he started a thread saying "Don't use Bloggs & Co. Accountancy - they are negligent, incapable of performing to correct industry standards, and they lie to the public to cover their backs" he (via NSC) would no doubt be hearing from their legal representatives very quickly.

Yes indeed. With that in mind, I should inform you that we have made contact with our solicitors and you will soon be hearing from them. J Bloggs, Bloggs & Co, Drury Lane, London.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Jesus this place has become an f'ing ball drag. Probably why there is never the humour on here we had back in the day or many of the posters. Rip NSC.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does anyone know how I can go about proving I got a w@nk off the pope??

Given the current state of the Roman Catholic church these days, I'd say it's all about proving you were the one that DIDN'T get a **** off the Pope...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here