Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Norwich steward sunk to a new "world" stupidity level today

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
When I smoked and the limit was 50 cigars through customs I always brought in many more and put them in my childrens bags, fortunately I was never stopped.

I'm sure this would be a child protection issue nowadays. The use of small children as tobacco mules must surely be a serious offence.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And it would have taken less than that to apply a little common sense on her part. But we must not question those in authority now must we?

Yeah yeah. Turn this into a crusade against authority, good one.

Because casting an eye over a furry Gully for a couple of seconds is the first step over the precipice, isn't it? :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went to the Scotland v England match and although they checked my ticket four times they didn't search me once. Very odd indeed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There are lots of things that any sensible person can quite justifiably get upset about

This isn't one of them :yawn:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah yeah. Turn this into a crusade against authority, good one.

Because casting an eye over a furry Gully for a couple of seconds is the first step over the precipice, isn't it? :facepalm:
"All for your own good, blah, blah, blah, and don't go thinking for youself there sir, just do as you are told".

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
It is slightly reassuring however that the fine people of NSC are capable of taking what would appear to be an innocuous event and turning it into a binfest civil rights issue.........i wouldnt have it any other way :whistle:

i fully expect Godwins Law to make an irrational early appearance.

listen the reason I feel strongly about this issue is because it is yet another case of moving the boundary post's too far. job's worth's using authority and turning it in to power instead of using a bit of common sense for a change.
I grant you this is hardly the crime of the century but even so the more people adopt senseless attitude's like yours by applauding this kind of behaviour and giving it the big thumbs up then this kind of problem will only escalate and become worse like it already has done in many cases.
I can only assume by the attitude that you take that you favour a police state where authoritarian's abuse the powers given to them.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I cannot understand what all the fuss is about. It is most obvious that the steward picked people at random to check as it isnt practical to check everybody. In the stewards defence I would have probably checked the same on the assumption that the easiest cover is a child.

When I smoked and the limit was 50 cigars through customs I always brought in many more and put them in my childrens bags, fortunately I was never stopped.

Nothing new -50 odd years ago I went on a school trip to Belgium and on the way back one of the teachers gave each of us a bottle of whisky to put in our bags. All went well through customs but when getting off the coach one little girl dropped her bag and the bottle broke! I imagine it took a bit of explaining when she got home as to why all her clothes smelled of whisky!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing new -50 odd years ago I went on a school trip to Belgium and on the way back one of the teachers gave each of us a bottle of whisky to put in our bags. All went well through customs but when getting off the coach one little girl dropped her bag and the bottle broke! I imagine it took a bit of explaining when she got home as to why all her clothes smelled of whisky!

Same principal assuming children wont be searched.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
What infringements are these then ? When you buy a ticket you enter a contract. That contract allows the host club to search anyone and their belongings as they enter the ground. You have a choice to buy that ticket or not - hardly an infringement.

if you are in favour of this kind of b*llocks then you crack on lad and don't start crying when Britain becomes a police state.
this is just a tiny example of how things escalate when authoritarian's overstep their mark and before you know it...all sorts of f*cking sh*t happens.
yeh I am making a meal of it.. "why f*cking not"..when people fail to recognise the blatantly obvious.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
if you are in favour of this kind of b*llocks then you crack on lad and don't start crying when Britain becomes a police state.
this is just a tiny example of how things escalate when authoritarian's overstep their mark and before you know it...all sorts of f*cking sh*t happens.
yeh I am making a meal of it.. "why f*cking not"..when people fail to recognise the blatantly obvious.

Oh good grief, grow up. A stuffed toy was searched - WHAT HARM WAS DONE ?? Police state indeed ! Clearly you weren't around when violence was common place at matches - searching amongst other things has stopped the mindless thug based violence.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
On my infrequent away days, I usually have look round the oppo town/city for any collectible records. I got a few a couple of season's back when in Southampton, and upon approaching St. Mary's naturally got stopped by a steward with my unusually, record shaped, bag. I told them the story and they said it was fine, with the rejoinder, 'As long as there is no George Michael in there...' We both laughed at the little joke, and it didn't dawn on me until I was in my seat it was a backhanded dig :facepalm:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As I walked in with my 2 sons today a female red haired steward requested to body search my youngest's Gully teddy for hidden weapons. I laughed and said are you joking? She said no and proceeded to manhandle the poor thing before giving it back. It honestly wasn't a joke and I let her know what a stupid person she was. Unbelievable!!!

You can judge the size of a Man's character by the size of the things that vex him.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Specsavers are doing a 2 for 1 deal at the moment :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

I have only agreed with Everest once before and this is the second time. Maybe I need Specsavers or maybe a brain transplant! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"All for your own good, blah, blah, blah, and don't go thinking for youself there sir, just do as you are told".

I'm very much in favour of people thinking for themselves as it happens. It's when they blindly follow that I struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here