Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A New Year Message

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Happy New Year to you all, best wishes for the rest of the Season. Looking forward to playing you next year and entering Division One. About to leave the Country for a little while and thank god-I can avoid the debacle in SE7. Wanna get a jo in Football? Take over at the Valley for 8 Games as Caretaker -win none-your Team is rooted to the bottom of the Championship and you are given the job full time no problem..............we have turned from one of he best run clubs in the County to a laughing stock and a shambles. Phil Parkinson prob cant believe his luck

And for those of you concerned about Murrays future I can assure you it does not feature the Valley as we have just hot shot Deon Burton.............

Happy New Year

Addick

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I get the feeling Phil Parkinson is one of those managers who alternates from brilliant to disastrous between jobs. As I understand it you had a choice between paying out for a new manager or giving the funds to him to spend in the transfer window. Seems a bit of a strange decision given that you have got some decent players and impact managers like Ince and Boothroyd were available.

The insincerity of pretending I don't want Charlton to come down would tear me apart, but I hope the apparent probability of your relegation allows you to deal with things in a more organised, non-suicidal way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am indifferent towards Charlton. Their fans seem a nice bunch, but I hate this "nice little club" bollocks and to be honest it's about time they spent some time in the lower leagues. Same goes for teams like Southampton, Watford and obviously Palace.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He might buck the trend. most temp managers do really well, until given the job permanently. Look at Sunderland.

We often have that with players on loan. England International Mark Chamberlain springs to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here