Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A must read after the hull match

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not disputing that. Just found it very cringe worthy.
There are so many things that go on that are more cringeworthy than this surely? 90 mins of banter with 15 seconds of respectful applause isn't really a problem for me.

Not that I do it, but I can understand why some might I suppose.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There are so many things that go on that are more cringeworthy than this surely? 90 mins of banter with 15 seconds of respectful applause isn't really a problem for me.

Not that I do it, but I can understand why some might I suppose.

Oh of course the whole "Ultra" nonsense is far more cringe worthy.

Here's a crazy idea, could this whole love thy fellow man bollocks be the reason why the atmosphere was so pony?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Here's a crazy idea, could this whole love thy fellow man bollocks be the reason why the atmosphere was so pony?

Yes, spot on. It IS a crazy idea.

Personally I think the applause for away fans is a pretty classy gesture. I wouldn't expect it at Leeds or Cardiff but that kind of reinforces the point.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Absolutely nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect for other fans who come to our wonderful stadium, " cringeworthy !!" sorry mate but this club has got a decent history of help for supportors of other clubs ( Palarse excepted), methinks you should get out of your 1970's bubble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That's not the case though. Leeds away support was applauded and that was probably the best atmosphere that we'll see for a while.

Was the atmosphere pony? (I couldn't go this week) My suspicion is that this is caused by a team that hadn't won in six and the new ground novelty wearing off. Not helped either by the constant sniping at the NSK on here as if they are directly responsible for creating an atmosphere. It's as if some people are saying "leave it to the Nigels, they do it better" as if they didn't have to start somewhere themselves. The Nigels must be laughing their paper-clip ordering bean-counting speccy eyed tits off.

I remember [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] getting the hump with me when I mocked him for calling our support "incredible". Yet here we are in a small bad patch and there are elements of our support more concerned with bitching about other parts of our support for spending 15 seconds clapping the away section or laughing at the kids in that corner of the north than getting behind the team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That article should be framed and pinned on the wall of every BHA supporter.
When you are starting to lose your faith in football , just read that.
When you are in despair at the antics of some of the ridiculously overpaid in this profession, just read that.
When you want a boost, just read that. When a follower of one of the big four makes a disparaging remark to you about BHA or anyone down the football pyramid, just read that.
On second thoughts, just read it every day before you go to work.

...................... and if that fails just change your name to Arthur.

Thank God we have so many supporters who are football fans first and foremost.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poor old Arthur at every match he finds something that is cringeworthy. How he must suffer for the Albion?

Cringeworthy%20Logo.jpg

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
One Leeds fan called 606 to say how amazed he was that we applauded them when the crowd was announced - said he'd never experienced anything like it & what superb fans we are. Nothing wrong with that is there?

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Clapping the away fans for making the trip....nothing wrong with that......i like it.....just showing a little respect in the effort that they have made.......

One of the many reasons which makes us the best supporters in the land........

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That's not the case though. Leeds away support was applauded and that was probably the best atmosphere that we'll see for a while.

Really? Can't say I noticed. I'm sure the Leeds fans doffed their flat caps in our direction

Was the atmosphere pony?

It wasn't great. The 53 threads about it on here might give you some impression.

(I couldn't go this week) My suspicion is that this is caused by a team that hadn't won in six and the new ground novelty wearing off. Not helped either by the constant sniping at the NSK on here as if they are directly responsible for creating an atmosphere. It's as if some people are saying "leave it to the Nigels, they do it better" as if they didn't have to start somewhere themselves. The Nigels must be laughing their paper-clip ordering bean-counting speccy eyed tits off.

My problem with the whole "ultra" movement is that they've given it the biggun about how they are going to create a great atmosphere but so far they've not introduced anything other than a couple of banners and a song they've nicked from Palace. If they want to be taken seriously then they need to get organised. Do they ever have get togethers away from games? There have been enough threads on here about new songs to warrant it's own forum. Some of them are terrible but some are ok. Is anything ever done to try and get some of these songs into production? I appreciate it may be difficult to get new songs going especially in an all seater stadium where people are likely to be dotted about all over the shot.

I remember [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] getting the hump with me when I mocked him for calling our support "incredible". Yet here we are in a small bad patch and there are elements of our support more concerned with bitching about other parts of our support for spending 15 seconds clapping the away section or laughing at the kids in that corner of the north than getting behind the team.

Anyone who thinks our support is incredible is looking very much through blue and white tinted spectacles!

Now that we've no battle to fight allot of fans have taken it upon themselves to fight other peoples (Plymouth's at the moment) and it's turned every game (Palace aside) into a big love in for the football family! Don't get me wrong I don't want to see another club go out of business but I'm more concerned about what is going on at our club rather than whether Hull have brought 15 or 1500 down from that there north.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Poor old Arthur at every match he finds something that is cringeworthy. How he must suffer for the Albion?

Cringeworthy%20Logo.jpg

Sadly that is what football has become. It's only the fact that I know my opinions are that of the majority that keeps me going to football. If all fans were like the dunderheads that post on here I would have given up along time ago.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Clapping the away fans for making the trip....nothing wrong with that......i like it.....just showing a little respect in the effort that they have made.......

One of the many reasons which makes us the best supporters in the land........

:thumbsup: Totally agree, let's keep what we have got going here and not regress to 1970's footbaall supporter type. The times have changed - for the better.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I didn't really think we were clapping the away attendance.

Rather, clapping the whole attendance as being brilliant for 'little Brighton'.

20,000 odd for every game is light years from where we've been.

That's what I was clapping for anyway.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Totally loved reading that article. I salute you Doncaster tiger...hope we meet up in town as I am Doncaster Seagull. As for the applause for the visitors, just shows our class.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Do you reckon the atmosphere was pony because of the lack of general swearing and abuse against the visiting team?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Some generally positive stuff from Tigers fans about the game and their Amex visit on their amber nectar forum.

I also note from their comments that yet again opposition fans complimented our style of play but also (correctly!) highlighted that we just don't retain possession in midfield. Why is this weakness not obvious to Gus?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some generally positive stuff from Tigers fans about the game and their Amex visit on their amber nectar forum.

I also note from their comments that yet again opposition fans complimented our style of play but also (correctly!) highlighted that we just don't retain possession in midfield. Why is this weakness not obvious to Gus?

It is which is why we have been trialling a midfielder and he has said he is looking for a midfield enforcer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here