Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A most un-relaxing BBQ

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Joke, maybe sarcasm - the whole basis of allowing people to leave home and the reasons for doing so is just so wishy washy.

What is exercise to one may not be to another - not all of us wrinklies are capable of walking/running/cycling etc. for half an hour to an hour. But half an hour sat on a bench, (or even, dare I say, the beach), is certainly possible, good for our health and I would claim a far lower risk of being contaminated or contaminating others.

Either stop people from leaving their houses except for truly essential reasons or if you are going to say it is ok to leave for recreational, (exercise), reasons then put a time limit on it and enforce social distancing rigorously. The photo I posted was ridiculous, the whole promenade should have been shut down.

I'm not actually sure why you are mentioning exercise TBH as the people this thread is about are clearly not doing that.
I can understand your point about having a rest half way through a walk/run/cycle, I'm sure the police would accept that. ( but not sitting on the beach to rest )
Stopping for a breather seems fair.

The types that are having a BBQ on the beach ( which isn't allowed during the day and on some beaches) are going to spoil it for others that actually want to exercise.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if you dont understand the advice etc then probably suggest just stay at home.

For those that exercise correctly then carry on and stay healthy

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So, when you proposed a solution, you didn't actually have one, but believe that the whole country should be stopped from exercising by a minority of bellends.

Personally, I would prefer that the Police continue nicking the minority of bellends and allow the rest of the population to exercise.

Obviously we are not going to agree on this, but I think the people who are struggling to understand the instructions (seemingly including you and the two on hove seafront) will be in a minority. :shrug:

Very much this.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Because the rules are, exercise or essential travel, ie work, only and thats only if the work is essential etc. Otherwise, stay at home. It doesn't say, you can go out and sit on a park bench. The reason why they are moved on is because monkey see, monkey do. If everyone started sitting on benches, then you'd start to get crowds of people following suit.

And pray tell how are crowds going to form on the few available benches? My partner has MS she can walk but needs to rest. So its fine for the fit and able to jog along puffing out their pathogens but not for someone on a walking stick to walk a way and then take a rest. Like I stated I am all for social distancing but these illogical discrepancies need sorting out.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
touching the bench can spread disease , any sitting in public can.

Get someone with it sits on that bench could be passed on all day. Repeat for any public surface

If this is the level of concern then so should jogging be of concern. Heavy deep breaths from someone exerting themselves is hardly my idea of containing viral spread. Same goes then for packages, bottles, shopping trolleys, doors, petrol pumps, you name it. Picking on someone getting relief from this craziness by sitting and enjoying the outside seems very much like a perception thing eg You should not be relaxing at a time like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here