Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just play Dunk and Duffy together at the back for the remaining games and we will have a chance...........the rest of the team will fall in to place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, this. IMHO one of the worst decisions of the season to wilfully break up the defensive partnership that did much to save our sorry hides last season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
March’s miss from an angle is repeatedly highlighted, but Maupay had a far better chance that strikers dream of, but tamely passing to their goalie.
What do you mean from an angle? If he puts it across the keeper it’s a certain goal. I don’t even know what he was trying to do :shrug:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"we’re positive that we can get results in those ten games. Every single one of them is winnable"

Most of our games so far in 2020 have been very 'winnable' - Everton, Villa, B'muff, West Ham, Watford, Palace, and we've won none of them.

Yet now, with our total lack of quality and potency in the final third of the pitch, and failure to sign a striker in January, we're capable of winning games against the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We'll draw against Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley, and lose the rest; so 3 more points max, and back down to the Championship, playing wet Tuesday night games at Hull, Wigan and Stoke :annoyed:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even IF we go down Bloom is massively in credit. He was bold and wanted a new and exciting vision for the club. I am sure he did not think for a minute Potter would get us relegated. The players need to step up and show a pair and repay Bloom and Potter for the faith they have put in them. Dunk, Ryan, Duffy and Murray have the heart, Ali is a tryer, not sure about the others.

Bloom has delivered so much in the last 10 years and he is only human. Let's give it a real go and if we go down we will be a force in the championship, that is a certainty

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Everyone is allowed an opinion of course but if you label yourself as a ‘fan’ which is short for ‘fanatical’ and implies that you are ‘fanatical about supporting your team positively’, you shouldn’t be spewing out negative shite against a Premier League Freshman manager and by implication, a club that does more for it’s fans than most clubs in this country.

My comments were pretty much directed at one poster who has taken a shot at Tony which I think is the height of ungratefulness and ignorance and highlights the ‘me, me, me Snowflake generation’ I suspect the poster is from.

Call yourself a follower, call yourself a supporter but fanatical? Give me a break.

I’m a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion - doesn’t mean I have to be a fan of every individual within the club - the two are not synonymous.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Everyone is allowed an opinion of course but if you label yourself as a ‘fan’ which is short for ‘fanatical’ and implies that you are ‘fanatical about supporting your team positively’, you shouldn’t be spewing out negative shite against a Premier League Freshman manager and by implication, a club that does more for it’s fans than most clubs in this country.

My comments were pretty much directed at one poster who has taken a shot at Tony which I think is the height of ungratefulness and ignorance and highlights the ‘me, me, me Snowflake generation’ I suspect the poster is from.

Call yourself a follower, call yourself a supporter but fanatical? Give me a break.

Fair enough good logic....

Prefer supporter than fan though.
I also think Bloom has a bit of a nerve, but I don’t think that makes me less of a fan or supporter than anyone else.

I’m not anti-Potter by any means, but “Freshman” is spot on and this may be a gamble too far.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Where do you sit? I’m in NS near the police box. The Spurs game was special, we went home with hoarse throats, the spells not singing, because we were roaring on brilliant attacks or our tackling bringing Spurs to a defeated standstill. Last week was very good, especially once villain Zaha clashed with Schelotto. All destroyed by the powder puff incompetence (yet again at the Amex this season) leading to the critical opener.

Middle tier, in line with penalty arc towards the north.

I think the Zaha incident was the only time it picked up IMO (he really is an odious individual).

I just feel for all the perceived attacking intent and there have not been many games that have had me on the edge of my seat. Whilst the stats suggest more shots, how many have been in the penalty area?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yup, this. IMHO one of the worst decisions of the season to wilfully break up the defensive partnership that did much to save our sorry hides last season

This. Complete madness to play inferior defenders at CB.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The club don’t tend to want that atmosphere. They expect that kind of atmosphere from a new breed of supporters.
The days of Sheffield Wednesday atmosphere, Doncaster, Burnley are gone (for now). A large portion of support wasn’t here 10 years ago and feel an entitlement to instant success. YES it’s frustrating to dominate a game and not win but the atmosphere won’t lift until we have a one off game. E.g. need a win to stay up, play offs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Even IF we go down Bloom is massively in credit. He was bold and wanted a new and exciting vision for the club. I am sure he did not think for a minute Potter would get us relegated. The players need to step up and show a pair and repay Bloom and Potter for the faith they have put in them. Dunk, Ryan, Duffy and Murray have the heart, Ali is a tryer, not sure about the others.

Bloom has delivered so much in the last 10 years and he is only human. Let's give it a real go and if we go down we will be a force in the championship, that is a certainty
Well said.

Tony Bloom has not got where he is by being negative and unprepared to take chances.

I still think we are about 70% likely to stay up.

95% likely that, thanks to Tony Bloom, next year will be a good one to be an Albion fan.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think it's time to give Solly and Maupay a break. We have seen far worse at our end of the pitch when opposition strikers really should have punished our mistakes. Zaha last week really should have scored(not that it made any difference). If Solly and Maupays balls cane out of potters bag this week they owe NSC a brace

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Liverpool go one down to Bournemouth and you could hear a pin drop inside Anfield and they are 22 points clear at the top, perspective Mr. Bloom. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here