Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Even IF we go down Bloom is massively in credit. He was bold and wanted a new and exciting vision for the club. I am sure he did not think for a minute Potter would get us relegated. The players need to step up and show a pair and repay Bloom and Potter for the faith they have put in them. Dunk, Ryan, Duffy and Murray have the heart, Ali is a tryer, not sure about the others.

Bloom has delivered so much in the last 10 years and he is only human. Let's give it a real go and if we go down we will be a force in the championship, that is a certainty

Not sure Ryan does? He needs make some crucial saves that keep us in matches. I like it as well when he joins in a goal celebration but not sure that means he has heart for the fight. Hopefully he'll have a blinder today and prove me wrong!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You never know, of the 'big four' that you mention, it depends which Arsenal or Man Utd team turn up, if we play well and they don't, both are beatable. Liverpool of course won the title what seems like months ago so maybe they won't be trying quite so hard, and Man City could well already be on the beach with nothing to play for.

There is always hope.

I think absolute key is how we start and if we get a bit of luck.

The Spurs game was an example.
A fluke goal from a good start and confidence went throught the team and we won comfortably.

Concede early and the whole place is nervous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder why he (or any owner) would come out and make such statement. What does it achieve, really? I mean, is anyone really going to change their behaviour because of this statement? Often it's an emotional reaction, yeah, some people are more pessimistic than others and quick to assume the worst when a chance is missed early in the game, but a statement from the owner isn't going to change that.

Generally this sort of thing will, at best, get lumped in with the likes Delia on the pitch screaming at the fans, and people will make fun of it (respectful fun, I think, acknowledging the passion for the club coming from the owner). At worst it opens them up to cynicism (is he just trying to make it the fans' fault now everyone is questioning his decisions to sack hughton, bring in ashworth, not sign strikers or pay top 10 wages), leads to people directing their venom at him despite all he's done for the club, all he has invested (how dare he say I'm not singing loudly enough as if that's the reason none of our players can score! He needs to look in the mirror, top ten football without buying a player who can score? Looks like he's made the wrong bets...).

I just don't see any upside to this sort of thing. Especially as a 'statement from the club' news release. It might be something else if it had been part of his programme notes etc.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We'll be in it by the end of Saturday

Sorry Positive POSITIVE

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Really, just looked and we’re NOT I’m positive

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Absolutely. Performances have slowly killed atmosphere - 5 home wins since Jan 2019. Whatever division you're in, that kind of stat is going to dampen home spirits. Most games the atmosphere has started off really decent but often dampened a lot after 15/20 mins or so because of a clear case of deja vu, whereas even a shot or two on target, for example, would've kept the mood upbeat.

Its all very well bloom saying we need to get behind the lads etc, but my point above means it become s harder for the crowd as a collective to do so as frustration kicks in when games seem to drift into the same scenario time after time for months on end, bar the odd anomaly.
Palace last week summed everything up for me in a nutshell.

Critics would say we should be extremely grateful for where we are considering our history. Which is true, of course. But at the end of the day, our win percentage/shots etc over the last few years is dire, and whether you're in the prem or league two the stats we have would seriously affect the atmosphere at the ground

Got to agree with this. Can't say I think our support is particularly good or bad compared with other grounds but the pain of so few home wins does blunt enthusiasm.

Debatable whether it makes much difference anyway? It's not as if we're playing badly but just can't put the ball in the net, as we all know.

Can understand players getting demoralised by abuse but I rarely hear much of that, though it was well deserved last season. Bournemouth and Cardiff spring to mind!

Yes we should all try to lift the players but it's a bit chicken and egg. A few more goals would work wonders!

Think I'll lob in VAR as another atmosphere killer too as we all wonder whether to celebrate or not.......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A great message from Tony for me. Some of the tw@ts on here should take a long hard look at themselves...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The football this season is so much better than last... chances galore... but poor finishing... seriously, just get behind team as Tony says... stop ****ing moaning...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder why he (or any owner) would come out and make such statement. What does it achieve, really? I mean, is anyone really going to change their behaviour because of this statement? Often it's an emotional reaction, yeah, some people are more pessimistic than others and quick to assume the worst when a chance is missed early in the game, but a statement from the owner isn't going to change that.

Generally this sort of thing will, at best, get lumped in with the likes Delia on the pitch screaming at the fans, and people will make fun of it (respectful fun, I think, acknowledging the passion for the club coming from the owner). At worst it opens them up to cynicism (is he just trying to make it the fans' fault now everyone is questioning his decisions to sack hughton, bring in ashworth, not sign strikers or pay top 10 wages), leads to people directing their venom at him despite all he's done for the club, all he has invested (how dare he say I'm not singing loudly enough as if that's the reason none of our players can score! He needs to look in the mirror, top ten football without buying a player who can score? Looks like he's made the wrong bets...).

I just don't see any upside to this sort of thing. Especially as a 'statement from the club' news release. It might be something else if it had been part of his programme notes etc.

Wow. It's come to something when [MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] is making more sense on this page than [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION]

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
“I know fans can get frustrated but it’s absolutely key not to show it during the game, and instead to create a raucous atmosphere and really get behind the team."

Raucous atmosphere in my living room?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
“I know fans can get frustrated but it’s absolutely key not to show it during the game, and instead to create a raucous atmosphere and really get behind the team."

Raucous atmosphere in my living room?

Oh I don't know! My wife often leaves the living room because of my raucous outbursts when watching Albion on the TV. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here