Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A massive summer clear out and I hope Tony Bloom delivers on his promise......

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Our whole attitude and approach to player recruitment needs to change this summer to have any chance of even competing at this level next season.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Bristol City will emulate Brentford and Wolves from this season, they'll be contenders from the off. No matter which 3 teams go up this season there will still be some ridiculously good sides in this division, unfortunately we're not even close to being one of them.

Tbf, Tony Bloom has predicted a top 6 finish for the last 3 seasons and has been proved right twice.
He is probably more disappointed with the outcome this season than more people think.
Let us secure our league status for next season and have some faith and trust in him to deliver.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Tbf, Tony Bloom has predicted a top 6 finish for the last 3 seasons and has been proved right twice.
He is probably more disappointed with the outcome this season than more people think.
Let us secure our league status for next season and have some faith and trust in him to deliver.

Absolutely, I don't doubt Bloom's desire to see us arrive in the top division, however he isn't going to go on a Forest style spending spree. I agree he's no doubt disappointed by this season's outcome but unfortunately our squad is light years away from those that Señors Poyet and Garcia had.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Poyet built a very Competitive squad which enabled us to compete at the right end of the table.

Since he left the squad has melted away and we are left with players coming to the end of their ability to play consistently in the championship and lots of dross signed by the system Bloom put into place with his management team.

To have any chance of even being competitive CH must be given the responsibility to bring in the players he wants.

Hopefully getting rid of Burke is a nod to this but I still have my doubts over how we negotiate contracts etc and the value Bloom puts in people rather than bricks and mortar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here