Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] A lively place to eat with decent food in Brighton or Hove

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This years restaurant thread has taken a different turn this year so thought I'd ask this in a separate thread.

Mrs WS wants to take her best friend out to dinner as her friend has recently been through the mill. Defying her years she wants to go to a 'lively' place with music, cocktails, decent food and maybe even dancing. The Ivy has been a consideration but the reviews are awful - especially around the food. So, any recommendations that could tick all, or at least most, the boxes ? I'm not much help as Mrs WS and I tend to go to more sedate places in our dotage.
It’s just come to me, The Bali Brassiere on a Thursday night

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Jean Jaques (rip) was a brilliant night at his restaurant. He would cook and then come up stairs and sing . Great nights . Anyone remember him?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Jean Jaques (rip) was a brilliant night at his restaurant. He would cook and then come up stairs and sing . Great nights . Anyone remember him?
Was that the Laughing Onion in Kemp Town early 80's ? If so, we went there once. Food was disappointing but when he came upstairs to sing we roared with laughter. Until we realised nobody else was laughing and that he was serious :blush:

Memorable though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here