Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A level Revision

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Anyone else bored with this? I havent even started and for the last two days ive been meaning to but everytime I start I just loose focus! Got English Language, Law and PE to revise for :yahoo:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Anyone else bored with this? I havent even started and for the last two days ive been meaning to but everytime I start I just loose focus! Got English Language, Law and PE to revise for :yahoo:

Maybe you're just not clever enough:stupid:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
classic...!

straight As and A*s and we still get "loose" for "lose"... :thud:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
classic...!

straight As and A*s and we still get "loose" for "lose"... :thud:

Thats because modern exam results are not worth a light. They give A's out free with cornflakes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thats because modern exam results are not worth a light. They give A's out free with cornflakes.

really...tell you what, come over and sit with my youngest and go through her revision for Art, Maths and Chemistry A levels she is doing.

somepeople are really fuckwits sometimes

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
really...tell you what, come over and sit with my youngest and go through her revision for Art, Maths and Chemistry A levels she is doing.

somepeople are really fuckwits sometimes

Maybe they are too hard for you? :p

I know a couple of school teachers and they said (from their own experience) that standards have definitely slipped (and are slipping), although grades would suggest that they haven't.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

some people are really f*** wits sometimes

Wow you rise to the bait a bit quick:wave:

I didn't say the kids dont get stressed over it, just that come results time almost everyone has top grades (record numbers every year) and are therefore fooled into thinking they will find it easy at University. Many dont and the system is failing them.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Maybe they are too hard for you? :p

I know a couple of school teachers and they said (from their own experience) that standards have definitely slipped (and are slipping), although grades would suggest that they haven't.

I'm sure that helps the people that are doing it now!!!

Those doing their a-level revision - good luck, i know i hated doing it!! For all you going to uni - the first year is a piece of piss!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm sure that helps the people that are doing it now!!!

Those doing their a-level revision - good luck, i know i hated doing it!! For all you going to uni - the first year is a piece of piss!

:whistle:

Good luck to all. Get all the important stuff down on little report cards and try your hardest. Bit more elbow grease now is worth it in the long run.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do what I did, don't revise, wait three years and get in to Uni as a mature student. Sweet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I didn't say the kids dont get stressed over it, just that come results time almost everyone has top grades (record numbers every year) and are therefore fooled into thinking they will find it easy at University. Many dont and the system is failing them.

actually Yes i do rise to the bait.

You get it all the time....a levels are piss easy..you dont have to study..easier than in my day...blah blah blah..

what people fail to remember when I took my a levels ( 1977) there was no internet to research, no email to speak to other people about your issues, no Bitesize stuff on the BBC, no interactive DVD's, no course work, ....it was text books, a tv show if you were lucky, but basically writing essays, reading and attending classes. That is why its regarded as easy...you have more resources to help

I never worked half as hard as my two, one who has three a levels at excellent pass rates and the other sitting them now, and they will get the benefit. My two have worked their arses off to get to the position to go to uni.....not sat around and received them from a cornflake packet...that is patronising to say the least!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill

I have heard from nearly everyone I have known who's gone onto university that the A level is often a lot harder than the degree.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
actually Yes i do rise to the bait.

You get it all the time....a levels are piss easy..you dont have to study..easier than in my day...blah blah blah..

what people fail to remember when I took my a levels ( 1977) there was no internet to research, no email to speak to other people about your issues, no Bitesize stuff on the BBC, no interactive DVD's, no course work, ....it was text books, a tv show if you were lucky, but basically writing essays, reading and attending classes. That is why its regarded as easy...you have more resources to help

I never worked half as hard as my two, one who has three a levels at excellent pass rates and the other sitting them now, and they will get the benefit. My two have worked their arses off to get to the position to go to uni.....not sat around and received them from a cornflake packet...that is patronising to say the least!

I have 4 actually :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here