Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A (Harsh?) Guide To The Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Football Tripper is a growing collection of travel guides and stadium information for football fans across the world.
The site features over 1,400 stadiums, however the quality can vary greatly across leagues!
Please get in touch or leave a comment if you'd like to share any tips or if you spot any errors

So not all perfect at times, I guess.
Depends on whose doing the write up, a disgruntled Norwich fan or a Seville fan who got lost.:)

Or a fan who got there in 2008 expecting to see a game, but had to wait untill 2011.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I suspect that the writer may well have arrived by coach, as on that basis just being dropped at the ground does only leave you having a pint inside the ground as there isn't anything else near by for away fans

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think I may have worked out the writer as a Nigel Gray, there you have it, a Nigel!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Quite by coincidence, I've come on here having just finished watching the DVD "Weve come a long, long way together", detailing the loss of the Goldstone, the Falmer For All campaign, & the fight we had to get The Amex. I'm tempted to send it to the person who did that article so they can learn some history & re-write the opening section...."Luck" ?????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly according to that site, mature ladies always say yes! Blimey

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We shouldn't get too precious. Our friends up the road got shoddier treatment:

http://footballtripper.com/selhurst-park-stadium-crystal-palace/

"AIRPORTS AND FLYING

The chances are you won’t be flying to see Crystal Palace unless the club gets into Europe, but for any international fans out there here are a list of the closest Airports in London:

Heathrow (British Airways): 14 miles
Gatwick (British Airways): 30 miles
Stansted (Ryanair): 40 miles
Luton (EasyJet): 35 miles
London City: 7 miles"

"Unless" they get into Europe. Everyone knows its a nailed on certainty this season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and also seemly some very pretty Asian lady with large air bags wants to meet me.

Blimey again!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Quite by coincidence, I've come on here having just finished watching the DVD "Weve come a long, long way together", detailing the loss of the Goldstone, the Falmer For All campaign, & the fight we had to get The Amex. I'm tempted to send it to the person who did that article so they can learn some history & re-write the opening section...."Luck" ?????

first two sentences was enough for me....bleedin womble turd.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Archer and Belotti were a pair of arrogant fuds.

Maybe luck played a small part in us coming back to Brighton to a new stadium. God knows we deserved some. But there was a hell of a lot more hard work and determination than there was luck.

Wouldn't be much point opening bars for 'the prime Saturday 3.00 pm kick-off slot'. We hardly ever play then.

Otherwise pretty fair.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Otherwise pretty fair.

I agree, other than;

• Incorrect opening date
  • Arrogant luck
  • Out of date images
  • Out of town location (2 stops from city centre)
  • No pubs (2 stops from city centre)
  • Lack of hotels (2 stops from city centre)
  • Bad spelling
  • Bad grammar

It is very well produced.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I agree, other than;

• Incorrect opening date
  • Arrogant luck
  • Out of date images
  • Out of town location (2 stops from city centre)
  • No pubs (2 stops from city centre)
  • Lack of hotels (2 stops from city centre)
  • Bad spelling
  • Bad grammar

It is very well produced.

Quite. Some cracking good pubs near to Brighton (or indeed Lewes) Station.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's definitely taking the pee - note the list of stadiums you might also enjoy. Selhurst park? Priestfield? Vitality Stadium? St Mary's? Ha bloody Ha!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here