Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great big thank you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love that terminology. Perfectly adapt for this thread

Someone called me that (snowflake) a while ago (on here). I thought he/she was being a bit of a ****, but no harm done, obviously.

But, not impressed that (presumably an adult) directs the same put down towards a nine year old. I doubt the correspondant would have the balls to say it to the parent's face. Generation keyboard warrior :wrong:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Christ heaven forbid someone was drunk at the football? From the sounds of it YOU promptly kicked off? In which case you are clearly the greater dickhead, talk about setting an example to your sun :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Christ heaven forbid someone was drunk at the football? From the sounds of it YOU promptly kicked off? In which case you are clearly the greater dickhead, talk about setting an example to your sun :facepalm:

Another schoolboy error.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Well at least you and your lad saw the only goals of the game?

Surely thats the only reason we all go to watch the Albion? To see them score?

Hope he's not frightened from coming to another one, but I knew there would be limbs in the stands today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did the bloke deliberately push him into your son? Or push him and just so happened to fall into your son? Very different things of course.

Like it or not, right or wrong, a 5.30pm Saturday kick off would always attract all day drinkers.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Why do we see threads like these so often?

I'm not condoning the alleged actions of the offender, but what I will say is this: if someone had upset my kid so much that they physically wanted to leave the stadium - my reaction would not be to post about it on the fan forum.

Be a man and deal with these issues in person. I'm not saying lamp the geezer - but if you feel agrieved enough to post on here about it then the very least you could have done is have a quiet word with the fella.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My first game, Arsenal at home. First i got goosebumps at the sight of the floodlights as me and my dad walked from Hove station. Then the buzz of the crowd milling about outside the South stand got the pulse racing. Then it kicked off...i was terrified. I cried. I wanted to go home. Dad pulled me close and calmly walked us towards the West stand turnstiles. He knelt down in front of me with a reassuring smile and just said 'There you go son, we're here, lets just go in for half an hour and then see how you feel eh?'

The rest is history.

I hope the lad is ok :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
During the stadium tour I did last week, the guide mentioned that she had followed Albion for many many years.
She also mentioned, that after leaving the Goldstone and going to Priestfield and ending up at the Withdean, the club had lost a generation in supporters.
Surely the Goldstone generation who are at the Amex now, will eventually be replaced by the nine year old lad who has been mentioned, will want to come and watch his team play, and not be put off by some drunken gimps.

Some of the replies here are totally unjustified. I'm sorry the OP had the enjoyment of his day affected. Where little ones are involved we all reserve the right to act how we think it's best to for our kids.

We offer great facilities for kids at the amex but the numbers travelling to away games is understandably less.

Today was promoted as a family away day so I suspect there were many little ones on their first away trip.

Sadly the later kick off did increase the number of prats. 20 minutes before kick off on the concourse I had to deflect a rubbish win from hitting a kid so one of the heavy drinkers who 'was enjoying football as he should' decided to throw around.

This goon group was only about half a dozen strong. Never had an issue with those who wanna buy beer and pour it on the floor but for me a line was crossed by some today.

Hope OP son feels up for another away game soon. They really are great, especially at the moment.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Virtually all parents are protective towards their children and dont want them hurt. I can therefore fully understand the concern and reaction toward a drunk fan.
At least in years to come the boy can say he was there when Sidwell scored from miles away

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
The police will monitor this thread and hopefully identify the scumbags. Life bans will hopefully follow.

Seems like Reading away all over again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, lot of dickhead responses on here.

He's NINE years old FFS.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I got bumped into when I was 9 by a drunken piss-head. The only difference was, I took matters into my own hands.

He spent the rest of the game shit scared too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can't believe some of the moronic comments on here. Some people must have a very vague memory of what it is like being 9 years old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here