Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A goalkeeper and centre-half by the end of the week....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If we are going for loans from Liverpool as has been suggested but we all know won't happen
How about - Martin Kelly can play CB or RB or that Wisdom guy who was playing for Derby. He gave Lua Lua a tough time in both matches although RB is not a priority.
That Ilori chap looked decent for Portugal U21 a while back and at Sporting Lisbon he can play CB.
Goalkeepers I don't think there are any decent realistic prospects there. Either they are to good or not good enough.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
NO, im just saying that if Sami hopes to have 2 players in by the end of the week, those players will have been targeted and we are probably in discussions.

Hence Burke has done his part.

I thought that it was Burke's job to negotiate terms with the selling club and the player (the agent). He reports directly to Bloom; I don't think that Barber has much input in this aspect, apart from designating the overall playing budget.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hopefully Bloom will pull out more top notch targets like last season.

I'm going for Carlo Cudicini and Linvoy Primus.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think we might be after these two,

DlzYZCB.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We've had Kemy, Harley, Dobbie and Orlandi so it has to be someone with an "ee" noise at the end of their name.

Has to also be skilful but ultimately flatter to deceive.

A certain Lionel Messi would fit the "ee" noise bit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We've had Kemy, Harley, Dobbie and Orlandi so it has to be someone with an "ee" noise at the end of their name.

Has to also be skilful but ultimately flatter to deceive.

This is true, so that being the case lets sign Jonjo Shelveee, and Wilfred Boneee. I'll be happy then.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With all the news about Casper signing a new contract I have the nasty feeling we are going to take a risk on him starting. Great distribution but plenty of well known and much discussed weaknesses.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
With all the news about Casper signing a new contract I have the nasty feeling we are going to take a risk on him starting. Great distribution but plenty of well known and much discussed weaknesses.

If that happens Im going to place on record here and now I am NOT going in disgust.

Back up fine, if our (new) no1 injures themselves pre season fine.

Its bad enough having cant defend Bruno without this. But if Casper is no1. Im OUT

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

You never can tell, but SH has expressed an intention to sign another keeper after Ankergren signed again.

I suspect we'll get someone else in.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd be very surprised if we get Wisdom and Westwood because they are simply to far out of our wages bracket. Can see cheaper upcoming players from lower leagues

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If that happens Im going to place on record here and now I am NOT going in disgust.

Back up fine, if our (new) no1 injures themselves pre season fine.

Its bad enough having cant defend Bruno without this. But if Casper is no1. Im OUT

I personally wouldn't be too disgusted. Based on last season's perfomances the difference between Casper and Kuzcack was in wages, very little difference on the pitch apart from Ankgeren's distribution is average rather than shocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here