Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Glimmer Of Hope, Maybe

el punal

Two days on from the huge disappointment of Saturday my mood has mellowed slightly, from doom and gloom to just gloomy. I’m trying to look for something of a positive nature that I can cling onto regarding our keeping our status as a Premier League club.

So here goes, and let’s see if you agree or not about this :

1. Despite everything that has happened we’re still 15th in the table.

2. We now start a “new season” of 10 games in a league of 6 teams - just be better than 3 of them.

3. For some strange reason we seem to play better against the top clubs - we have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool all at home. Let’s see if we can replicate our Spurs (at home) and Arsenal (away) performances.

4. Yes, we’re stuck in a rut but remember we have also played some great, fast flowing, attacking football this season that everyone loved - we can do it again.

5. Just one decent win and the whole mentality of us the fans, and the team, could change for the better in a heartbeat.

So there is hope, it may be misplaced, but at the moment it’s all we’ve got to go on. I just want that hope to turn into reality.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think we'll get something against Man Utd and Arsenal

Could be points, could be a good hiding .

Who knows

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We can’t score mate, been an issue for three top flight seasons and nothing was done about the situation.

Maupay, Murray, and a stroppy Irish kid from the reserves says it all.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Two days on and Im feeling that if we do survive by some very slim chance stay up I would be totally shocked.

At this stage I feel like we deserve to go down more than any of the other 6. teams. They are showing fight, desire and determination whereas we are not. I blame the squad, management and club seniors for this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep, we also played pretty well against palace and were just let down by some poor finishing, I was gutted to lose but couldn't fault the team's determination.Bring on the Wolves!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Two days on from the huge disappointment of Saturday my mood has mellowed slightly, from doom and gloom to just gloomy. I’m trying to look for something of a positive nature that I can cling onto regarding our keeping our status as a Premier League club.

2. We now start a “new season” of 10 games in a league of 6 teams - just be better than 3 of them.

3. For some strange reason we seem to play better against the top clubs - we have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool all at home. Let’s see if we can replicate our Spurs (at home) and Arsenal (away) performances.

4. Yes, we’re stuck in a rut but remember we have also played some great, fast flowing, attacking football this season that everyone loved - we can do it again.

5. Just one decent win and the whole mentality of us the fans, and the team, could change for the better in a heartbeat.

So there is hope, it may be misplaced, but at the moment it’s all we’ve got to go on. I just want that hope to turn into reality.

Agree with your third point.

I think Saturday was the lowest we will get. Point at Wolves, a win against Arsenal and things are suddenly looking better.

We are not a bad team, just perhaps lacking the individual star quality in attack of teams around us. Trossard should have been that. MacAllister might be that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This .... we're crap at playing teams anywhere near us in the table in the main because they are in defensive mode, conceding possession and territory and closing us down all over the pitch all safe in the knowledge that we're not great at scoring goals and there's a good chance we'll make a midfield mistake and they can hit us hard on the break whereas teams higher up the table tend to play with greater freedom, leaving a bit more space for us to play with and concentrating more on their game rather then on trying to stop us playing for 95 minutes. But it's a bit of a long shot!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think we'll get something against Man Utd and Arsenal

Could be points, could be a good hiding .

Who knows

We'll get something from the hobbit and lego hairs teams.
It's certainly not a lack of confidence, according to Dan Burn.
The Albion will up the ante, but first we have to get a result at Wolves, even a point will :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agree with your third point.

I think Saturday was the lowest we will get. Point at Wolves, a win against Arsenal and things are suddenly looking better.

We are not a bad team, just perhaps lacking the individual star quality in attack of teams around us. Trossard should have been that. MacAllister might be that.
Can’t believe Mac wasn’t even on the bench the team the fans needed a lift from somewhere.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We can’t score mate, been an issue for three top flight seasons and nothing was done about the situation.

Maupay, Murray, and a stroppy Irish kid from the reserves says it all.

Looking at the table we have scored enough goals to potentially be 8th. The problem isn’t scoring goals, the problem is scoring more goals than the opposition.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Two days on and Im feeling that if we do survive by some very slim chance stay up I would be totally shocked.

At this stage I feel like we deserve to go down more than any of the other 6. teams. They are showing fight, desire and determination whereas we are not. I blame the squad, management and club seniors for this.

Literally one week before the fans and media were praising us for a hard fought gutsy draw away at high flying Sheffield United. And a fortnight before that we came back from two goals down away from home to snatch a draw with a relegation rival.

We are all hurting but stop talking nonsense about no fight or desire.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Thank goodness for somone trying to look for the positives I was starting to think the sky was about to fall in, what with Brexit, Boris, Trump, Coronavirus, Global warming et all I agree mini league of six teams 10 games come on Albion

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Looking at the table we have scored enough goals to potentially be 8th. The problem isn’t scoring goals, the problem is scoring more goals than the opposition.
I hate all these stats mean absolutely nothing in reality. Look at the last few home games. No goal, own goal by Watford, one goal against Villa it’s the story of the season.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Indeed our goal difference is the best of the six

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even 'hopeless' has 'hope' in it.

Cheer up everyone. We could be Scunthorpe ???

el punal

I hate all these stats mean absolutely nothing in reality. Look at the last few home games. No goal, own goal by Watford, one goal against Villa it’s the story of the season.

You’re wrong, it’s not the story of the season. It’s the story of the last few weeks. Prior to that we were doing okay, in some cases very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here