Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Of all the things we could be celebrating and proud of this instead looks like we're just over-compensating for Potter going. Like toddlers sticking their bottom lip out and saying "don't care, didn't want it anyway" while sobbing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going against the grain - I like it

Celebrate a new and currently exciting beginning.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will it work like the coaching team, so when he leaves it will go with him?

Have to agree with those sentiments. Whilst we all hope he is a success, it's a lot of money to spend which will be wasted when he moves on. Not sure a flag with the picture of the current manager is a flag depicting the identity of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Terrible. Only Lewis Dunk (and maybe Solly) should be depicted on a flag of Sussex or a Union flag. I'll be keeping the 50p I had ring-fenced in my pocket.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Resorting to "The Italian Job" (title of a 53 year-old film) on a giant flag looks so tediously hackneyed, and corny.

Unless of course you mean that our head coach is in fact some kind of old testament prophet... Now that would represent a real coup for the recruitment team.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The manager will be off to Chelsea when Potter leaves them. Will you send the flag with him ? How much will they pay for it ? Lol.

Seriously, a flag is a great idea. The manager's name on it less so.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Another thought. Design by committee never works, you'll just end up with something really dull and watered down. Go with whatever you feel the best design is and go from there.

Crowdsourcing for the banners is a great idea though and I'd be happy to put my hand in my pocket to help fund it. £1600 amongst 28,000 fans shouldn't be hard to raise

This this this!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It weighed an absolute tonne. I can't get my bin men to take a bag sitting on top of my bin, surely that's not what happened to it?

The contractors left it outside, I think when they were doing work on the portacabins. I was called to go and see it and found it soaking wet outside by the NS surrounded by builders waste. I told the contractors and the guy from the club (forget his name; though he’d been helpful up until then) that I’d be back with some help to take it away. When I went back the area had been cleared, including the flag. Totally down to the contractors, who really weren’t bothered.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not keen either, I understand we want to welcome the new manager but this gives the new flag a limited life span. If he guides us to a major trophy then by all means immortalise him in a flag celebrating that victory but he's done nothing yet.

The flag should just depict either a part of the clubs history/legacy (a huge one of Calde's sexy face would be a winner) or just the club/area itself.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
This flag design is just a terrible idea!!!!! £1600 for something that will become redundant in time when he goes……

club logo, sussex by the sea on a blue flag or blue and white flag then you can have some of my money but not now!!!!

[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Massive fail on the flag. Why the hell have we got another country’s flag with a picture of a manager that has been here five minutes.

Should have been more generic. I’ll not be contributing to that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In relation to the KO time when will the flag be passed overheads? At Withdean the club/safety officer insisted it was 15 minutes before KO, which was ok as there were no bars at the ends of he vomitoriums.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah we could have done a more generics design, but i also don't see anything wrong with them doing this one. Its a show of support to the new manager. If he's here 2 or 3 years and we get say 5 or more uses of it at big games, then fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here