Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Is it intended to be used every game or just the first match? IMO it would be odd to use a flag of our manager for every game & a waste of cash if it's just for the 1st one. I wouldn't mind a flag going over me though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thought it was about a one time flag, like it most commonly is elsewhere.

Isn't it going to be weird with a gigantic De Zerbi-related flag at every home game? (and yes would have thought the same with a GP flag)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seen this mock up online

b01b59fce15d4522e588fe2e4a5ef8de.jpg

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Is it just me or.....

Isn't this a bit completely tin pot?

:shrug:

Boooo!

Actually, I was a bit worried the other week when they had two giant flag wavers pitch side before the game. I thought we were going to go all Arsenal and wave them about every time we scored a goal. That would have been simply too much.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Boooo!

Actually, I was a bit worried the other week when they had two giant flag wavers pitch side before the game. I thought we were going to go all Arsenal and wave them about every time we scored a goal. That would have simply too much.

If we do I'll do the February and March stint based on last season.:smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thought it was about a one time flag, like it most commonly is elsewhere.

Isn't it going to be weird with a gigantic De Zerbi-related flag at every home game? (and yes would have thought the same with a GP flag)

I think the idea of a giant flag that we can move along over our heads is a great one, after all we have had similar before, both at the Amex, and more notably previously at Withdean.

What l do think is pointless is putting any manager or coaches name(s) on it, the moment they leave then the flag becomes redundant.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Hi Clive here from the Fan Board.

Following on the back of my post about the atmosphere at the amex and wanting to show support to De Zerbi and the team. We (the fan board) are proposing crowdfunding for a "crowd surfing" flag to be passed over the North Stand (and other stands) for the spurs game hopefully many games to come.
A couple of questions

Do people think this is a good idea and more importantly, North stand season ticket holders do you want to pass this over your heads before the game?
The club has approved the idea and a 12m x 9m flag would cost £1,600

I have created a poll on https://www.facebook.com/groups/4941458157/ (Brighton And Hove Albion facebook page) with different options to vote on

If we want this for the Spurs game we would need to confirm the order by Friday the 30th so I am suggesting a couple of days to vote and a couple of days to crowdfund.

I look forward to hearing from you.

UTA
Clive
Please head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/4941458157/ to vote

Couldn’t the club pay for the flag? Potentially using the resale money from the 10 game home ticket bans they may hand out to Away game ticket thieves?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think the idea of a giant flag that we can move along over our heads is a great one, after all we have had similar before, both at the Amex, and more notably previously at Withdean.

What l do think is pointless is putting any manager or coaches name(s) on it, the moment they leave then the flag becomes redundant.

How about installing a curtain rail around the Amex, with a nice Albion pelmet :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The majority complained like a load of WI women about six fireworks pre match, low and behold if they have to take part in shifting a giant banner this won’t do the asthma sufferers any good at all.

1066cliv

Apr 6, 2021
Did the Fan Board ask if the club could fund it if only £1600? As others have said on this thread, one has already been funded for before and it never materialised. Not sure where the money went.

The idea is that is was from the fans rather than from the club.
18,000 people on the Brighton and Hove FB page and 180 people have voted so far, so not a massive endorsement for the idea.

The other option is that we could pass the giant shirt around the North Stand?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The majority complained like a load of WI women about six fireworks pre match, low and behold if they have to take part in shifting a giant banner this won’t do the asthma sufferers any good at all.

Don’t be silly. Passing a flag overhead doesn’t rob you of oxygen.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Giant Flag yes, De Zerbi flag no. What if he turns out a complete dud? Seems unlikely but it's possible.

Feels a bit forced. Would rather have someone who has gained legend status like Dunk or even Pascal

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Like the idea of a giant flag.
Less keen on what's currently proposed, for all the reasons others have stated.

Keep it simple, and timeless:

SEAGULLS across the top
Club badge in the middle
SUSSEX BY THE SEA underneath.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here