Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A gentle reminder

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As we step into the harsh gaze of the brilliant sunlight that this new appointment could entail, and the prospect of Falmer's completion looming as a VERY GOOD omen, I hope if success does indeed follow we don't forget this man:...

1227370658_spt_ai_yeovil_tranmere_07.jpg

Without him we would not be in League One, we would almost certainly not have Poyet, and we would have a lot less hope.

Top bloke, good luck to him in his next job, let's remember him as the saviour of the Albion 08-09.

:bowdown:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
i stil lthink he would have got it right
ccant help but feel sorry for the bloke

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
That Stockport match and the celebrations after will live long in the memory. What a legend.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed, thank you Russell

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
And in Tunnicliffe, Crofts, Dicker & Bennett, he's left the foundation of a decent side for Gus to build on.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I am pretty certain that if we went down last year, the falmer deal would have been on very dodgy ground - Tony has not gifted the £93m, he has underwritten its repayment, which is quite different. As a league two club I'm not sure the lender would have lent the money, not would Tony be confident of the club resurrecting itself to generate enough money to make it a worthwhile investment for him personally.

Therefore, EVERYTHING is down to the phenomenal job that Russell did, and he should be held as a legend for evermore by all true loyal supporters.

Thank you Salde.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am pretty certain that if we went down last year, the falmer deal would have been on very dodgy ground - Tony has not gifted the £93m, he has underwritten its repayment, which is quite different. As a league two club I'm not sure the lender would have lent the money, not would Tony be confident of the club resurrecting itself to generate enough money to make it a worthwhile investment for him personally.

Therefore, EVERYTHING is down to the phenomenal job that Russell did, and he should be held as a legend for evermore by all true loyal supporters.

Thank you Salde.

Totally wrong. The cash has not been lent by anyone. Tony Bloom is paying for the stadium with his own funds not repayable until 2023. If the club are not in a position to repay him then he will convert into shares.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I will never forget what Slade achieved last season and he'll allways be a hero, It's a great shame it never worked out for him this season but as one chapter in the Albion's history ends so another one begins. Onwards and upwards :albion1:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slade pulled off nothing short of a miracle last year. This season he was given a decent budget but totally f***ed up on not getting experienced cover for McNulty and not bothering with a back up RB. He also dallied too long in finding an experienced central defender on loan. Imo he caused his own downfall.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Totally wrong. The cash has not been lent by anyone. Tony Bloom is paying for the stadium with his own funds not repayable until 2023. If the club are not in a position to repay him then he will convert into shares.

Errr, yep, as I say, therefore he has NOT gifted the money.

get a grip on yerself

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Errr, yep, as I say, therefore he has NOT gifted the money.

get a grip on yerself

How likey is it Brighton and Hove Albion FC will EVER be able to pay back £93 million?

Tony Bloom knows he will have to convert the loan into shares and the plan SHOULD be that by 2023 we will be in the Prem so therefore the shares will be worth alot more than they are now.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
i always knew this season would not start well with slade. remember anything thats good dont last long at this club unfornately. thanks russell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here