Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A funny side to colonoscopy.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Picolax - we all think it hasn't worked then............whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh. then whoooooooooooooooooooosh again, and again, and again........thoughts of where is it all coming from? then after the procedure the gas pumped into you has to escape !!!!! Dignity off the negative scale. But it could save your life

Oh god the Picolax. Had the procedure a good few years ago and, thanks to sedation, the only bit I remember of the actual 'event' was the nurse sternly telling me to stop moving as I wanted to see my insides on the monitor next to me.

The day before on the other hand...horrendous...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hmmm, I've had a few - the last one found a 5 inch tumour in my bowel. I was quite relieved they'd found something at last, I'd had all the CT scans, MRI scans, blood tests, endoscopies etc. and they'd found nothing to explain why I was in excruciating pain, sometimes needing morphine.

The colonoscopies are odd, they way they tell you that with the sedative, you will feel it, but you won't remember - which is exactly what happens. Very different to a general, of which I've had loads in the last 5 years.

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
After being referred back in June I finally had my colonoscopy at the end of August. Only had gas & air, but that did the trick! Anyway they found a tumour in my colon, and after CT,MRI scans, another colonoscopy they have diagnosed me as having bowel cancer that has unfortunately spread to my liver. I started chemotherapy last Wednesday. After the chemo I'll eventually (in up to a year) have liver then colon surgery,
So I certainly agree with previous poster, it may just save your life.
The colonoscopies we're extremely humorous (you have to see the funny side or you'd be overwhelmed with the indignity of it all!). The gas & air sent me off my tits and I was pissing myself laughing then apologising profusely for my gas emissions in equal measure!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They give you sedation now? I had one about 20 years ago and felt every pain especially when the gas was inserted.

I had a gastroscopy more recently, and was sedated for that, although the hospital did try to persuade me to have the throat spray. I refused and was glad that I did, because they found a benign lump in my oesophagus, which they could remove straight away.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After being referred back in June I finally had my colonoscopy at the end of August. Only had gas & air, but that did the trick! Anyway they found a tumour in my colon, and after CT,MRI scans, another colonoscopy they have diagnosed me as having bowel cancer that has unfortunately spread to my liver. I started chemotherapy last Wednesday. After the chemo I'll eventually (in up to a year) have liver then colon surgery,
So I certainly agree with previous poster, it may just save your life.
The colonoscopies we're extremely humorous (you have to see the funny side or you'd be overwhelmed with the indignity of it all!). The gas & air sent me off my tits and I was pissing myself laughing then apologising profusely for my gas emissions in equal measure!!!

I had a little gas...the nurse said it would make me 'emotional' :moo:

All the best with your treatment and look forward to seeing you report back in 12 months :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here