Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A four division Division?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've always used 'hung' but checking the grammar sites, it seems both hanged and hung can be used

I certainly prefer hung but hanged isn't wrong, it's a question of preference

I don't think so G. 'Hanged' is the proper way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've always used 'hung' but checking the grammar sites, it seems both hanged and hung can be used

I certainly prefer hung but hanged isn't wrong, it's a question of preference

Indeed. Well hanged, or well hung? One has on occasion been denigrated for being neither one thing nor the other. :shrug::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some idiot recently posted on here about the Premier League being a Division of three divisions.

It's actually four isn't it?

View attachment 103233

I have us as top and bottom of the fourth division. Until, as you say, the Boxing Day games have finished.

Edit: hmm. We’re actually top and bottom of the 5th. Spurs are top and bottom of the second...?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some idiot recently posted on here about the Premier League being a Division of three divisions.

It's actually four isn't it?

View attachment 103233

Can you imagine the football results being read out on final score!

Premier League division 1
Liverpool 0-0 Man City
Tottenham.........

Premier League Division 2
And so on and so on.............

Premier League Division 3
And so on and so on.............

Premier League Division 4
Oh feck it, I'm off to the pub :shootself

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There's a pub near Cannon Street, London called the 'Hung, drawn and quartered'. The times I've asked them
to change their name on a Friday at 11pm. They just don't seem interested :) City w*****s.

Typical cockney wankers. I bet they split their infinitives, too. The dirty b'stards.

Indeed. I counted no less than thirty-four double negatives one night. I mean ffs - I thought at one point that I was on the set of bleedin' Eastenders.

Do they sell "Cheap Beer's tonite"?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It seems I was right after all and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] has failed to max out this time (ahem).

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

Yes, I went there as well. So it seems Hanged, Drawn and Quartered is correct, though the use of Hung, Drawn and Quartered probably must now, by virtue of common usage, be acceptable as part of the vernacular. It's easier to say, anyway!

Researching the subject though, it appears that Drawn, Hanged (or hung) and Quartered might be more appropriate (or even Drawn, Hanged, Castrated, Filleted and Quartered) - but it doesn't slip off the tongue so easily, so a murrain on that! And to think, if only The Albion had started a century earlier, that could have been the half time entertainment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here